Alison Gilson is a corporate partner with extensive experience advising on a range of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, MBOs, MBIs, disposals and joint ventures.
She also has significant experience advising on shareholder arrangements, group reorganisations and corporate governance matters.
Gilson acts for clients across a range of sectors and has developed particular expertise working with businesses in the healthcare, technology, manufacturing, financial services and media sectors.
Her recent transactional experience includes advising:
- on the £40m sale of digital marketing business Realise to St Ives plc;
- various private equity and property development clients on corporate joint venture arrangements;
- the shareholders of a UK-based technology company on a sale to a US publicly listed corporation;
- the shareholders of a leading UK expense claim management provider on a sale to a NASDAQ listed corporation;
- a brand management company on various new ventures;
- an AIM-listed food and drink company on numerous acquisitions;
- a leading specialist consumer financial services organisation on acquisitions and joint venture collaborations; and
- various healthcare businesses on acquisitions, disposals and group restructurings, including the sale of Scotland’s largest independent pharmaceutical business.
Gilson was awarded the ’Rising Star of the Year’ award at the Scottish Legal Awards in 2009. She joined Shoosmiths in November 2013, having previously been with HBJ Gateley.
Click here to find out more about Alison Gilson.
This information was sourced from the Shoosmiths website.