Craig Armstrong advises on a range of sourcing, IT and intellectual property licensing matters across a range of industry sectors with a particular focus on the IT, financial services and retail sectors.
This has included a five-month secondment to head up the merchant acquiring legal team of a major UK and international credit card issuer.
Armstrong’s diverse experience includes negotiating ERP and CRM system procurements, complex IT-centric and business process outsourcings (both onshore and offshore), negotiating software implementation, licensing and support agreements, advising on intellectual property issues within the technology, healthcare and biotechnology sector and advising on contractual arrangements relating to e-commerce trading platforms and co-branded financial services on behalf of financial institutions and retail partners.
Armstrong’s experience includes:
- Advising a national higher education admissions authority in respect of its outsourcing contract with Attenda to augment the existing infrastructure and service delivery teams and to ensure a successful confirmation and clearing period in August 2013.
- Advising an international travel company on its £600m worldwide network and infrastructure outsourcing arrangements with Accenture.
- Advising a major UK retailer on the launch of a best-of-breed, agile multi-channel retail platform. The project involved the replacement of the underlying ecommerce platform and hosting solution, development of a new website using agile methodologies, systems integration into the client’s new ERP platform and the design and implementation of a new fulfilment chain linking a new outsourced fulfilment centre to the client’s nationwide store network.
- Advising a major UK retailer in respect of its SAP ERP system licensing arrangements and associated integration contract with HCL to support the retailer’s entire product procurement strategy from supplier to distribution centre.
- Advising a leading UK bank in respect of three separate card processing platform outsourcings to First Data and Total Systems Inc (TSYS) to support the bank’s payment card portfolios in multiple jurisdictions.
- Advising a leading UK bank in respect of payment processing and related services for its UK, Irish and US consumer credit and commercial businesses.
- Advising a leading UK credit card issuer in respect of a systems integration project delivered by CSC relating to its card processing platform.
- Advising the National Health Service in respect of IBM’s tender for the National Application Service Provider element of the £6bn ‘National Programme for IT’ project.
- Advising a leading UK credit card issuer in respect of its affinity card arrangements with a number of high-street retailers.
- Advising a leading UK credit card issuer on a variety of merchant acquiring arrangements with large retailers as well as a variety of introducer agreements and card issuing contracts such as the Government Procurement Card and the Welsh Procurement Card.
Armstrong trained at Squire Sanders (Hammonds) in 1998 and moved on qualification to DLA Piper before joining Shoosmiths in January 2014.
Click here to find out more about Craig Armstrong.
This information was sourced from the Shoosmiths website.