Neil Saunders is a specialist criminal and serious fraud advocate who represents professional people and companies being investigated or accused of crime.
Saunders is regularly instructed as leader or junior by large city and specialist white-collar fraud firms providing strategic advice during all stages of investigation, including pre charge.
He is experienced in prosecuting (Grade 4) and defending in all criminal courts, inquests advising individuals or institutions regarding potential verdicts and procedure, and police disciplinary proceedings both before Metropolitan and Provincial forces.
Saunders appears on behalf of respondents to special procedure hearings and in sports disciplinary hearings.
He has also appeared in Divisional court cases involving drink driving legislation and custody time limits.
Saunders has advised and appeared in a number of very high-profile cases that received considerable media and press attention including cases which involved highly reputable families where children or relations became involved in either violence in night clubs or allegations of rape at house parties.
He has defended in numerous police discipline cases including allegations against an experienced officer of abuse of power when arresting an off-duty colleague; matters of sexual impropriety by police officers while on duty; and also in cases directed by IPCC.
- Serious crime including murder, human and drug trafficking and serious sexual allegations
- Money laundering/complex commercial fraud
- Mortgage fraud
- Banking/advance fee/derivative frauds
- Share dealing allegations
- Tax and VAT fraud
- Cartels and price fixing/computer misuse
- Police misconduct in disciplinary hearings and PATs
- Misfeasance in a public office
- Regulatory crime/health and safety
- Criminal confiscation
- Search and seizure orders
- Restraint, third-party rights and contempt
- Appointment and discharge of receivers
- Civil recovery under Proceeds of Crime Act 2002
Click here for more information on Neil Sanders.