Sports, Media and Entertainment Intelligence — February 2014 - .PDF file.
Sports, Media and Entertainment Intelligence is the global monthly publication from DLA Piper’s sports, media and entertainment group.
Betting and gaming
- US: draft legislation aims to prohibit internet gambling
- France: clarifying the regulatory regime applicable to radio broadcasters in cases of change of direct or indirect control
- US: Supreme Court to hear broadcasters’ case against Aereo
Consumer and data protection
- New: 2014 edition of Data Protection Laws of the world now online
- EU Commissioner Reding introduces eight principles of data protection
- EU: commission initiates antitrust proceedings re film distribution
- UK: BBFC issues new classification guidelines
Internet and digital media
- Milan Fashion Week — thoughts on social networking issues
- #FashiOnline — top five digital fashion issues
- Verizon wins net neutrality court ruling against FCC
- US: District Judge rules on Sherlock Holmes copyright dispute
- Australia: spectator charged for involvement in ‘courtsiding’ at Australian Open
- Commonwealth Games England implements its first mandatory anti-doping education policy
- The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) prepares for the Olympic Winter Games in Sochi
If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the DLA Piper briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.