Prior to working at Mourant Ozannes, Michael Williams worked at Allen, Allen & Hemsley in Sydney and at Clifford Chance in London. He joined Mourant Ozannes in 2006 as British Virgin Islands (BVI) managing partner.
Williams specialises in the following practice areas: banking and finance, corporate and insolvency and restructuring.
Williams is a member of the Law Society in England and Wales.In terms of professional qualifications, he was admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2001 (but does not practise English law) and BVI in 2011.
His clients include AEA Technology, Deutsche Bank, Experian, Renaissance Capital, Shire, UBS, Velti and WPP.
He has acted for a number of English-listed companies in connection with their Jersey migrations, including, AEA Technology, Charter, Regus, Shire, Velti and WPP.
Williams’ recent deals include:
- An issue of £304,000,000 9.25 per cent senior secured notes for Aston Martin (acted for arrangers);
- A €3bn medium-term programme for Experian;
- An issue of £475,000,000 5.75 per cent guaranteed convertible bonds for WPP;
- A $1.2bn project financing for O3b;
- An issue of $4bn 7.875 per cent subordinated notes for Burgan Finance No. 1 (Jersey) Ltd; and
- NASDAQ listing and US public offering of shares of Velti plc.
Legal 500 describes Williams as being ‘extremely thorough and very responsive’, ‘very impressive’ and ‘particularly good’.
Click here to find out more about Michael Williams.
This material was sourced from the Mourant Ozannes website.