From cleantech ‘build-outs’ to solar ‘megaprojects’, the market and the underlying technology for climate change and clean energy is advancing rapidly. Recognised as the ‘trailblazer’ within this area, Mallesons is financing, researching, commercialising, structuring and litigating the market’s latest innovations.
Mitigating, adapting and innovating — the market is seeing significant investments in research, clean energy, green buildings and in regulatory reform. As Asia Pacific surpasses the Americas for clean energy investment, we are advising across a range of climate change and clean energy matters. Recent work includes acting on:
- The $1.5bn government-backed Solar Flagships Program to construct large-scale solar power stations using solar thermal and photovoltaic technologies
- A new 400MW power station with 100 per cent carbon capture
- EnergyAustralia on two waste-methane biofuel generators
- A consortium of coal electricity generators in relation to a greenfields power project
- 200MW electricity supply contracts for the $1.5bn Collgar Wind Farm project, providing clean energy solutions to power up to 125,000 homes
- ANLEC R&D in administering $150m in government/industry backed research projects in new low emissions coal technology
- CSIRO on its Ultrabattery licensing and spin-off deal
For more information on climate change and clean energy click here.