Alastair Peet is a partner in the corporate department, based in Birmingham. He advises private companies on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, solvent corporate restructuring and compliance issues.
Peet specialises in assisting venture capital investors and investee companies on a range of corporate finance transactions.
He also specialises in advising the public and private sectors on joint ventures, particularly in the property sector. He advised Langtree Group Plc on PxP West Midlands, its multi-million pound joint venture with the Homes and Communities Agency, and on Daresbury Science and Innovation Campus in the north west. He has worked with the likes of Staffordshire and West Midlands Probation Trust, Irish housebuilder McInerney,and developer First Base, on a range of joint venture projects. He spoke at SocInvest, the UK’s largest regeneration conference, on structuring a successful local asset backed vehicle.
Peet provides solutions to clients including Iron Mountain, Healthspan, Peugeot-Citroen UK, and Midlands Co-operative Society, and recent transactions include advising:
- MML Capital and portfolio company Hallmark Industries on four disposals in less than 18 months, including the 23.5m multi-jurisdictional disposal of their Zeag car park equipment and services business to FAAC s.p.a
- Octopus Investments’ Ventures team on more than 45 VCT transactions in the past two years, including the disposal of interests in Lovefilm to Amazon
- Shepherd Developments on its 300m joint venture to develop Rossington Inland Port rail freight terminal
- the management of Creare Communications, a leading web-optimisation business, on their MBO backed by Sovereign Capital
- the founders of FF&P Wealth Management on investment from Fleming Family & Partners
He qualified with Eversheds LLP in 1999. He joined Shoosmiths as a partner and a founding member of the Birmingham corporate team in 2006. The team was recently nominated at Best Legal Provider at the Europas, the European Tech Start Up Awards.