Olswang and King & Wood Mallesons (KWM) continued to dominate the limelight on The Lawyer website this week.
No fewer than four KWM stories made it into our top 10 most read stories as firms including Dentons, DLA Piper and Greenberg Traurig circle teams, and China bosses think about buying up what’s left.
But this week’s most read story was our cover feature, Who sank the good ship Olswang? In it we spoke to founder Simon Olswang and former CEO Jonathan Goldstein about the recent three-way merger news.
Staying with the merger theme, Eversheds’ news that partners will vote on its £600m transatlantic merger with Atlanta-based Sutherland Asbill & Brennan before the end of the year was straight into the top 10.
Our exclusive story about Steptoe & Johnson London head Brandan Patterson and his legal battle over a lime tree in his neighbour’s garden also got people talking.
Read all of the stories you missed using the links below.
- Who sank the good ship Olswang?
- Partners nervous as KWM global clients question London’s future
- Eversheds in late stage merger talks with US firm Sutherland
- Exclusive: Steptoe London head in £800k row over lime tree
- Deutsche Bank makes legal team cuts in restructuring move
- Covington in talks to hire KWM litigation boss Pollack
- KWM China bosses fly in to London amid talks to buy parts of EUME business
- Exclusive: Olswang Paris to disband ahead of CMS merger
- Greenberg Traurig joins Dentons in bids for KWM partners
- KWM funds quartet set to join Halford at Goodwin Procter