Nicolas Journeaux specialises in commercial and trust litigation, including asset recovery. His practice areas include fraud and asset tracing, commercial or trade disputes, trust and shareholder disputes and trustee applications.
He has represented States of Jersey committees, foreign government bodies, heads of state, banks and trust companies as well as private individuals. He appeared as counsel for the claimant Grupo Torras SA in the Esteem Settlement litigation, which resulted in the longest judgment ever published by the Royal Court.
In the past year, he has conducted a number of claims that have been settled at mediation on very good terms for the client. Among other matters, he has in the last 12 months represented:
- Jersey trustees on a £50m tracing claim
- a beneficiary in a complex probate action
- a party in a proprietary estoppel case
- a party to a commercial claim involving computer hacking
- a Jersey trustee being sued by new trustees for breach of trust
- computer games manufacturers in anti-piracy claims
- a claimant seeking injunctions to enforce arbitration awards
- the claimant in defamation proceedings in a partner dispute
This information was sourced from the Carey Olsen website.