Hogan Lovells has elected new partners to its board. Bill Curtin has been re-elected as the representative for the Americas. Leopold von Gerlach has been elected as the representative for continental Europe and takes over the post from José Maria Balañá. Ben Higson takes on a new board role as equity partner 45 and under. All begin or continue their roles as of 1 May 2014.
The Hogan Lovells board comprises 12 members in total and has supervisory responsibility for overseeing the affairs of the firm, but without executive responsibility for strategy, management and operating decisions.
It provides input to the co-chief executive officers and Hogan Lovells’ International Management Committee, and its members make up the Compensation Committee as well as being part of the Equity Elevation and Partner Admission Committees, which they chair.
Membership of the board is designed to reflect the broad scope of the business, with members representing a combination of geographic and other backgrounds.
From 1 May 2014, the board will comprise:
- Chair (and ‘at large’): Nicholas Cheffings
- Co-chief executive officers: Warren Gorrell and David Harris (From 1 July 2014 — chief executive officer: Steve Immelt)
- Asia/Middle East: Jun Wei
- Continental Europe: Leopold von Gerlach
- Washington DC area: Helen Trilling
- London: Emily Reid
- The Americas: Bill Curtin
- The Americas (except DC): Cole Finegan
- 45 and under: Ben Higson
- ‘At large’ representatives: Daniel González, Craig Hoover and Michael Silver