SJ Berwin and Richards Butler have advised on the £100m sale of the La Senza lingerie chain to private equity house Lion Capital, the former European arm of Texas-based Hicks Muse, which broke off in 2005. SJ Berwin advised the buyers, led by London corporate partners Steven Davis and Richard Lever. SJ Berwin has previously advised both Hicks Muse Europe and the breakaway Lion Capital, including on the purchase of major stakes in the Jimmy Choo shoes and Wagamama noodle bar brands. Richards Butler advised La Senza, led by London corporate partner David Boutcher.
Richards Butler, SJ Berwin in La Senza deal SJ Berwin and Richards Butler have advised on the £100m sale of the La Senza lingerie chain to private equity house Lion Capital, the former European arm of Texas-based Hicks Muse, which broke off in 2005.
Job of the week
- Eight ex-Cobbetts employees referred to SDT on “incompetence” charge
- Former Clifford Chance chief exits new firm after three months
- End of the road for Youle-Bagshaw double act as Skadden gets its man
- Lloyds Bank in-house heavyweight Wan exits amid restructure
- RBS rights issue battle adjourned as bank makes last-minute offer to shareholders
- Retirement exits to hit Linklaters’ slow-growth City litigation group
- A&O creates new client group in management shake-up
- Mayer Brown appoints first female senior partner in London
- Linklaters recruits from Ropes to boost restructuring team
- The sad story of Cobbetts
- CAT rules against Norton Rose Fulbright client in Law Society training row
- BLM loses out on revamped £500m NHS disputes panel
- Gateley posts 15% revenue boost in second year as a PLC
- RBS battle hit again as shareholder minority push for full trial
- Hogan Lovells gives trainees pay boost
- Career clinic: How can I boost my commerciality when my company won’t train me?
- Credit Suisse close to finalising global panel review
- Lawyers launch pro bono plan to help Manchester bomb victims
- VdA TMT partner is speaker at Portugal Air Summit
- Deputy High Court Judge appointed