Former DLA Piper Scotland partner Anne McGregor (left) has joined property specialists Bell & Scott as a consultant. Also an ex-Bird Semple partner, McGregor was DLA Piper’s last Glasgow real estate partner before leaving the firm in December.
Move of the week
Former DLA PiperScotland partner Anne McGregor (left) has joined property specialists Bell & Scott as a consultant. Also an ex-Bird Semple partner, McGregor was DLA Piper’s last Glasgow real estate partner before leaving the firm in December.
• Tom Walker has been appointed head of employment law at Manches. He joins as a partner from employment boutique Colemans-CTTS.
• Thomas Eggar has recruited partner Matthew Newman to head the M&A and corporate finance team in its London office. He was previously an equity partner at ASB Law in Maidstone.
• Former Hextalls partner Jonathan Hadyn-Williams has joined Goodman Derrick as a consultant in the litigation practice.
• Halebury has recruited employment associate Louise Brown from GreenwoodsSolicitors.
• Bird & Bird has promoted Andrew Hallgarth to partner in the finance group.
• Blake Lapthorn has poached Barrett & Co’s personal injury team for its Oxford office. Associate Spencer Baker joins with assistant Susan Bright and two support staff, Helen Evason and Sharon Jones.
• Sussex law firm Adams & Remers has strengthened its insolvency practice with the appointment of assistant Darren Stone, who joins from Brighton insolvency boutique Julian Dobson.
• Former Nabarrolawyer Liz Brady has joined Kent firm Furley Page in Canterbury as an associate in the commercial property team. She was previously with South Coast-based Frederic Hall.
• Andrew Dodd has joined Ashfords as a partner in the family law group at Tiverton. He was previously at Tozers for 12 years.
• Bevan Brittan has promoted three new litigation partners in Bristol: Emily Heard in commercial litigation, Steven Eccles in property litigation and Ed Husband in corporate litigation.
• Black Country firm Higgs & Sons has boosted its private client team with the appointment of new partner Laura Banks from Birmingham’s Martineau.
• Cheshire firm SAS Daniels has launched a Chester wills and probate department with the hire of associate Carl Marston from Thrasher Walker Partnership.
• Sheffield firm Wake Smith & Tofields has hired Kevin Poulter as an employment assistant. He joins from Leeds-based Walker Morris.
• Sintonspartner Lucy Winskell has joined the board of the new City Development Company of Gateshead and Newcastle. The board will be chaired by Lord Charles Falconer.
• Newport-based firm Harding Evans has appointed new partner Daniel Wilde to head its employment team. He was previously at Dolmans in Cardiff.
• Glasgow firm Semple Fraser has promoted Fiona Carlin and Mark Sabey to associate. Employment associate Iain Barton has also been accredited as a mediator.
• Maclay Murray & Spens has promoted Alison Bryce to partner in Edinburgh. She will work in the IP and technology practice.
• Bond Pearce has hired contracts specialist Martyn Smith in the Aberdeen oil and gas practice. He joins from an in-house role at Subsea 7.
• Client focus manager Stéphanie Hamon has been promoted to head of business development and strategy at Clifford Chance Paris.
• Dr Erich Michel has joined Orrick Hölters & Elsing as a corporate partner in Frankfurt. He is one of the founding partners of Bird & Bird’s Frankfurt office.
• Elizaveta Ivanova has left Herbert Smith to join Salans in Moscow as of counsel in the finance group.
• Kenneth Bonavia, former managing partner of DLA Piper’s Madrid office, has left the firm to join Gibraltar firm Hassans in Spain.
• Harris Cartier chief executive Paul Norris has been appointed president of the Eurojuris network of European law firms.
ASIA AND THE MIDDLE EAST
• The Shanghai office of K&L Gates has taken on Louis Meng as a partner in the corporate practice. Meng joins the firm from DLA Piper, where he was a consultant.
• New Zealand firm Chapman Tripp has promoted four new partners: Victoria Heine in litigation, Bradley Kidd in corporate, Catherine Somerville in projects and Matt Sumpter in IP.
• Barlow Lyde & Gilbert London insurance partner John Hanson is to relocate to the firm’s Singapore office in March next year.
• Insolvency specialist James Sprayregen has returned to Kirkland & Ellis after having spent three years at Goldman Sachs.
• Mark Slater has rejoined Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton as a partner in the business trial group, based in San Francisco. Slater most recently served as senior vice-president, North American legal services, at Ingram Micro.
• Labaton Sucharow has hired Jay Himes, former chief of the antitrust bureau for the Office of the New York State Attorney General, as a partner.
• Chadbourne & Parke has hired counsel James Stenger from Thelen Reid Brown Raysman & Steiner in Washington DC. He joins the communications, media and technology practice.
• Morrison & Foerster has taken on Julian Millstein as senior counsel in the New York sourcing and technology transactions group.
• Carter Ledyard & Milburn has hired Theodore Allegaert as a litigation counsel in New York. He was previously a senior associate at Weil Gotshal & Manges.
• Eli Mattioli has become the latest Thelen Reid Brown Raysman & Steiner partner to find a new firm, becoming a commercial disputes partner at K&L Gates.
• Appleby has moved partner Jonathan Vanderkar to Zurich to head its new office on. He was previously in the Bermuda banking and asset finance team.
• Maitland has hired former Solomon Harris lawyer Magda Embury as a partner in its new Cayman Islands office. Also joining are associates Bernadette Carey from Henry Davis York and Angelina Whiteman from McMillan.
• 3 Verulam Buildings has recruited Canadian silks Jon McDougall and Earl Cherniak as international arbitrators. They will continue to work with Canadian firms Fraser Milner Casgrain and Lerners respectively.
Contributions to the Moves Roundup are welcomed – to submit one click here.