`Heidi Klum appeared in a celebrity version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire (Wer Will Ein Millionär Sein) in which stars competed to win money for selected charities. Klum had chosen a charity for disabled children and had already reached DM125,000 (£38,180) when she had to answer the following question: In 1851 Queen Victoria founded a sporting cup. Was it a) the Ryder Cup, b) the Uefa Cup, c) the America’s Cup, or d) the Davis Cup?`Unsure of the answer, Klum used the option of phone-a-friend – her lawyer Stefan Rizor of Osborne Clarke OWA. He picked the America’s Cup but Klum, still uncertain, decided to go 50/50. She then decided to stick on DM125,000, still managing to beat the other celebrities in the process. Had she followed Rizor’s prompting, she would have doubled the money.`Rizor, who has been bombarded with calls since the programme was aired last week, claimed: “She’s followed my advice on every other occasion.”`Asked whether the supermodel formed part of Osborne Clarke’s global vision, managing partner Leslie Perrin replied: “Heidi Klum is what it’s all about.”`Heidi Klum will open the firm’s new Cologne office this August. Rizor confirmed that he expects a large turnout.
Osborne Clarke scored a PR coup in Germany last week when its Cologne managing partner received a phone call from a supermodel in front of 16 million people.
Job of the week
- Eight ex-Cobbetts employees referred to SDT on “incompetence” charge
- Former Clifford Chance chief exits new firm after three months
- End of the road for Youle-Bagshaw double act as Skadden gets its man
- Lloyds Bank in-house heavyweight Wan exits amid restructure
- RBS rights issue battle adjourned as bank makes last-minute offer to shareholders
- Retirement exits to hit Linklaters’ slow-growth City litigation group
- Mayer Brown appoints first female senior partner in London
- A&O creates new client group in management shake-up
- Linklaters recruits from Ropes to boost restructuring team
- The sad story of Cobbetts
- Lawyers launch pro bono plan to help Manchester bomb victims
- VdA TMT partner is speaker at Portugal Air Summit
- Deputy High Court Judge appointed
- VdA’s Ana Luís de Sousa held lecture for post-grad Banking Law and Securities course
- First provisional liquidator by the Royal Court of Guernsey
- VdA lawyers hold entrepreneurship masterclass at Cleantech Camp
- VdA wins Bonds gong for six years running in Euronext Awards 2017
- The Leeds United takeover
- Brexit and UK real estate – opportunities for the brave or beginning of the end?
- Best in M&A Law Services award