* Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer has promoted Jodie Flynn to of counsel. Flynn, previously a senior associate in the IP/IT practice, specialises in the pharmaceutical sector.
* Kenneth Parker QC, joint head of Monckton Chambers, has been appointed as the new Public Law Commissioner with effect from 1 January 2006. Parker will also sit as deputy High Court judge in the Chancery and Queen’s Bench divisions.
* Chadbourne & Parke has expanded its London insurance and reinsurance practice with the appointment of four assistants. Eugene Matveichuk joins from Barlow Lyde & Gilbert; Julia Ford joins from Holman Fenwick & Willan; Jonathan Ogle joins from DLA Piper Rudnick Gray Cary; and Anita Rivera comes from Denton Wilde Sapte.
* US firm Paul Hastings Janofsky & Walker has promoted Mark Brooks as of counsel in its Hong Kong real estate group. Brooks specialises in broad-based corporate and commercial real estate. His background includes leasing, acquisitions, financings, development and general real estate.
* Kirkpatrick & Lockhart Nicholson Graham has appointed Ian Fraser as a partner in the tax group. Fraser joins from Baker & McKenzie where he specialised in employee share schemes. He was previously at Berwin Leighton Paisner.