SJ Berwin has been making a foray into the Australian finance market. The firm advised Australian buyout specialist fund Ironbridge Capital, leading on the closing of the Ironbridge Fund II, which raised more than $1bn (£527,200). The fund was oversubscribed and looks set to invest in mid to large buyouts in Australia and New Zealand, with a value between A$100m (£40.58m) and A$500m (£202.92m). Corporate and finance activity in Australia and New Zealand is picking up. UK firms are increasingly looking to the region as a source of international work. The SJ Berwin team was led by corporate partner Justin Dolling. Clayton Utz advised Ironbridge on Australian law matters.
SJ Berwin has been making a foray into the Australian finance market.
Job of the week
- Eight ex-Cobbetts employees referred to SDT on “incompetence” charge
- Former Clifford Chance chief exits new firm after three months
- End of the road for Youle-Bagshaw double act as Skadden gets its man
- Lloyds Bank in-house heavyweight Wan exits amid restructure
- RBS rights issue battle adjourned as bank makes last-minute offer to shareholders
- Retirement exits to hit Linklaters’ slow-growth City litigation group
- A&O creates new client group in management shake-up
- Mayer Brown appoints first female senior partner in London
- Linklaters recruits from Ropes to boost restructuring team
- The sad story of Cobbetts
- CAT rules against Norton Rose Fulbright client in Law Society training row
- BLM loses out on revamped £500m NHS disputes panel
- Gateley posts 15% revenue boost in second year as a PLC
- RBS battle hit again as shareholder minority push for full trial
- Hogan Lovells gives trainees pay boost
- Career clinic: How can I boost my commerciality when my company won’t train me?
- Credit Suisse close to finalising global panel review
- Lawyers launch pro bono plan to help Manchester bomb victims
- VdA TMT partner is speaker at Portugal Air Summit
- Deputy High Court Judge appointed