•The Judicial Appointments Commission (JAC) has made its first two High Court judge appointments under the new selection process. Judge Alastair Norris QC, formerly of Southernhay Chambers, and Judge David George Maddison, previously of Cobden House Chambers, have been appointed to the High Court. Judge Norris, who will take up his new role on 1 October, will join the Chancery Division, while Judge Maddison will join the Queen’s Bench Division on 28 January next year. The Lord Chancellor announced the new appointments after accepting the recommendations of the JAC under the chairmanship of Baroness Prashar. The JAC’s new selection process came about through the new statutory framework set out in the Constitutional Reform Act 2005.
The Judicial Appointments Commission (JAC) has made its first two High Court judge appointments under the new selection process.
Job of the week
- Eight ex-Cobbetts employees referred to SDT on “incompetence” charge
- Former Clifford Chance chief exits new firm after three months
- End of the road for Youle-Bagshaw double act as Skadden gets its man
- Lloyds Bank in-house heavyweight Wan exits amid restructure
- RBS rights issue battle adjourned as bank makes last-minute offer to shareholders
- Retirement exits to hit Linklaters’ slow-growth City litigation group
- A&O creates new client group in management shake-up
- Mayer Brown appoints first female senior partner in London
- Linklaters recruits from Ropes to boost restructuring team
- The sad story of Cobbetts
- CAT rules against Norton Rose Fulbright client in Law Society training row
- BLM loses out on revamped £500m NHS disputes panel
- Gateley posts 15% revenue boost in second year as a PLC
- RBS battle hit again as shareholder minority push for full trial
- Hogan Lovells gives trainees pay boost
- Career clinic: How can I boost my commerciality when my company won’t train me?
- Credit Suisse close to finalising global panel review
- Lawyers launch pro bono plan to help Manchester bomb victims
- VdA TMT partner is speaker at Portugal Air Summit
- Deputy High Court Judge appointed