Hogan Lovells has made up five London associates to partner in its 2018 promotions round.
Litigators Matthew Felwick and Valerie Kenyon were promoted, along with funds lawyer Jeremy Pickles, the restructuring team’s Alex Kay and Alex Harrison, an energy finance specialist.
Kay trained at Ashurst and spent time at Cadwalader Wickersham & Taft before joining Hogan Lovells, while the rest at home-grown.
Elsewhere, the firm’s German offices enjoyed a good year for promotions, with eight lawyers made up across Munich, Frankfurt, Hamburg and Düsseldorf. Two more lawyers were promoted in Europe, in Amsterdam and Madrid.
Twelve associated made partner in the USA, one in Mexico and three in Asia, making a total of 31 promotions worldwide, Hogan Lovells’ highest tally since 2012, when it made up 35.
Hogan Lovells CEO Steve Immelt said: “We are seeing real momentum with these promotions – in terms of diversity of our practices, our offices, by gender, and by ethnicity. They represent the globally diverse nature of our business. With that in mind, I am particularly pleased that more than a third of our new partners and new counsel are women. I congratulate all those who were promoted and wish them every success as they continue their career with us.” In London, however, just one of the five partners made up was female.
A further 38 associates across the firm were promoted to the position of counsel, with nine of those coming in the UK. They are Fiona Bantock (tax), James Black (corporate), Stella Bliss (real estate), Jennifer Dickey (litigation), James Maltby (restructuring), Aimee Sharman (banking), Ben Sulaiman (finance), Stella Wong (IP) and Kate Wilford (international arbitration).
Hogan Lovells partner promotions 2018 in full
- Matthew Felwick – Litigation
- Alex Harrison – Finance (Infrastructure, Energy, Resources & Projects)
- Alex Kay – Finance (Restructuring & Insolvency)
- Valerie Kenyon – Litigation
- Jeremy Pickles – Corporate (Funds)
- Hein van den Bos – Government Regulatory (Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology)
- Henrik Lehment – IPMT, Düsseldorf
- Jörg Herwig – Corporate (Transactional), Frankfurt
- Carla Luh – Finance (Infrastructure, Energy, Resources and Projects), Hamburg
- Arne Thiermann – Corporate (Commercial), Hamburg
- Inken Knief – International Arbitration, Munich
- Désirée Maier – Investigations, White Collar & Fraud, Munich
- Benjamin Schröer – IPMT, Munich
- Florian Unseld – Corporate (Commercial), Munich
- Jaime Bofill – Litigation
- Matthew Eisler – Corporate (Transactional)
- Gaston Fernandez – Finance (Infrastructure, Energy, Resources & Projects)
- David B. Massey – Litigation
- Jorge Valdés – International Arbitration Mexico City
- A. Elizabeth Korchin – Litigation
- Meryl Rosen Bernstein – IPMT
- Stephen Loney Jr – Litigation
- Daniel Metroka – Investigations, White Collar & Fraud
- Michael Bell – Government Regulatory (Government Relations & Policy Advocacy)
- Elizabeth Fawell – Government Regulatory (Food & Beverage)
- Allison Pugsley – Government Regulatory (Government Contracts & Public Procurement)
- Bryan Ricapito – Corporate (Funds)
- Joanne Rotondi – Government Regulatory (Environment & Natural Resources)
- Helen Xia – IPMT
- Lu Zhou – Corporate (Transactional)
- Sean Conaty – Finance (Infrastructure, Energy, Resources & Projects)