Founded in 1989, Hergüner is a full service law firm in Turkey with major international clientele and working premises in Istanbul, Ankara and Izmir. We draw upon the individual domestic and international experience of our professional staff, practicing in three main practice groups: (1) Finance & Projects, (2) Corporate, and (3) Dispute Resolution. Our large Corporate group brings together attorneys skilled and experienced in both transactional and non-transactional work covering the full spectrum of industrial sectors.
The Dispute Resolution group includes experienced civil and criminal litigators with backgrounds in a wide range of areas, including white collar crime, intellectual property and administrative law, as well as international arbitration.
Our members have diverse professional backgrounds comprised of lawyers with international practice experience and former experts of regulatory authorities such as the, Capital Markets Board and Competition Board.
We are engaged in transactions involving different languages as well as different laws and cultures. As opposed to a conventional law practice in Turkey, we render our services in line with contemporaneous global law firm practices. Our client base includes local companies doing business in and outside of Turkey, multinational companies and financial institutions doing business in Turkey, and Turkish affiliates of multinational companies, as well as multilateral financial institutions.
Our practice covers all areas of law that are of interest to local and foreign businesses in Turkey, including, in particular, Mergers & Acquisitions, Banking, Financial Institutions, Capital Markets, Energy, Infrastructure, Real Estate, Privatization, Litigation, Arbitration, Competition Law, Intellectual Property, Environmental Law, Healthcare & Life Sciences, White Collar Crime, FCPA & RICO Investigations, Tax, and Technology, Media & Telecommunications. Companies active in the telecommunications, finance, pharmaceutical, transportation, retail, energy, textiles, cement, construction, food and banking sectors, among others, rely on our legal advice and assistance.
Awards, Rankings & Quotations
- IFLR 1000 (2005 to 2011 editions) has ranked us in the top tier of law firms for all four practice areas of Mergers & Acquisitions, Banking, Capital Markets, and Project Finance for seven years in a row.
- Top-tier law firm in the 2008 edition of the Legal 500 for the practice areas Banking, Finance and Capital Markets, Corporate and M&A, Dispute Resolution, IT and Telecoms
- International Legal Alliance & Summit Awards, Paris – The Best Law Firm of Turkey Gold Award 2011, 2009 and 2008
- Top-tier law firm in Chambers Global 2006-2011 editions
- Band 1 firm in the categories of Banking & Finance and Corporate/M&A since 2006 and the only Turkish firm in Band 1 for Corporate/M&A in Chambers Global 2011
- First Turkish law firm to be ranked by the FT Law 50 (2008; 2009) in the top tier (#43; #47) among 600 participating law firms in Europe; (2011)
- Ranked 6th in Continental European Firms category and ranked 23rd in Dispute Resolution Firms category in the FT 50 Innovative Law Firm Awards 2011.
- Euromoney Real Estate Awards 2011 – Turkey, Advisors & Consultancy, Best Legal Service.
Key Clients: Tesco, 3M, HP, BTC, Vastned, Creditbank Europe, Roche, LG, Telia Sonera, Vinci, Johnson Controls, International Finance Corporation, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, AES, Abraaj Capital, European Investment Bank, Trelleborg, AB. Fagor, AXA SA, Securitas AB, Standard Chartered Bank
Offices: Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir