Broad & Bright at a glance
- Founded in May, 2004
- A full-service Chinese law firm providing a broad range of specialised legal services in multiple practice areas for domestic and international clients
- 25 partners, 5 counsels and 60 lawyers. 80% of partners and counsels have overseas education or work experience and eight of our partners are qualified in the State of New York.
- Joined Meritas, a Global Alliance of Independent Business Law Firms
- Has offices in Beijing (headquarter), Shanghai, Guangzhou and associated offices with CFN Lawyers and Toranomon Chuo Law Firm in Hong Kong and Tokyo
- Working language includes: Chinese, English, Japanese and Korean
Broad & Bright is a full-service Chinese law firm providing a broad range of specialised legal services in multiple practice areas for domestic and international clients, with particular expertise and outstanding achievements in cross-border business transactions.
Since our beginning, we have ensured that the legal services we render are in line with international standards. It is our responsibility to ensure that the difficulties our clients face are simplified rather than multiplied. Our professional training and hands-on experience in cross-border transactions are evident in the creative, yet soundly practical solutions we offer to the various legal issues that can arise for our clients in China.
Our lawyers are bi- or multi-lingual, but most importantly, we are bi and multi-cultural. Many of us were educated at first-class law schools in both China and foreign countries and have substantial work experience from top-notch international law firms. We understand where our clients’ concerns lie and what challenges they face in the increasingly competitive Chinese market. The academic and professional backgrounds that many of us gained abroad allow us to explain to our foreign clients the essential differences between legislation they may take for granted at home with that currently in effect within China. Maintaining partnerships with law firms abroad and drawing on the advice of legal specialists within and outside of China, we are confident that the solutions we provide will work for our clients.
Broad & Bright practice areas
- International Trade
- Antitrust & Competition
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Capital Markets
- Banking & Project Finance
- Private Equity & Venture Capital
- Anti-fraud & Compliance
- Labour & Employment
- Dispute Resolution
- Intellectual Property
- Debt Collection
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Real Estate & Construction
- IT Telco & Media
- Energy & Environment
- Life Sciences
Broad & Bright people
Read about Broad & Bright’s key lawyers here.