"I am responsible for coordinating all The Lawyer's coverage of Asia Pacific, including international firms' practices there, key developments of the region's leading independent firms and in-house departments based in Asia. As a native Mandarin-speaking journalist who grew up in China, I have a particular interest in, and strong connections with, the Greater China markets, but am also fascinated by the fast-evolving and highly-dynamic region as a whole. I also have sound knowledge of Australia, where I received my bachelor's degree in media and later worked as a legal journalist. I joined The Lawyer in September 2011, after spending over five years at a well-known Asia-focused legal publication, with three of these years as China editor. I tweet as @TheLawyerAsia."
- 020 7970 4756
Reed Smith has hired one partner from Morrison & Foerster (MoFo) in Hong Kong and further two local partners in Singapore, as it looks closely at gaining Singaporean local law capability.
Baker Botts takes China energy trio from Jones Day subscription
Baker Botts has undergone its biggest expansion in China since 2007 by hiring three energy partners from Jones Day’s Hong Kong office.
Beijing-based Han Kun has taken a team of eight partners and around 10 other lawyers from AllBright’s Shanghai head office to expand in China’s financial hub.
- Litigation boutique Kobre & Kim launches in Seoul subscription
- Bird & Bird adds Asia employment partner in London subscription
- Chinese elite firm Haiwen turns away from pure lockstep subscription
- Rajah & Tann launches contract lawyer service amid part-time work boom in Singapore subscription
- The tale of two Amarchands: breaking the family business mould subscription
- Simpson Thatcher and Fangda advise Alibaba on $6.9bn strategic deal with Suning subscription
- White & Case becomes latest international firm to launch in South Korea subscription
- DLA Piper adds another Australian partner as corporate push continues subscription
- Kirkland Beijing co-founding partner moves to Orrick subscription
- Chinese elite firm Jun He experiments with new remuneration system subscription
- Holman Fenwick Willan PEP slips by 9 per cent to £496k subscription
- Asia moves: 3 August 2015 subscription
- KWM’s Fuller: “No more mergers for now, our focus is on integration” subscription
- MoFo takes litigation team from Winston & Strawn in Hong Kong subscription
- Fenwick & West adds team of three in Shanghai subscription
- Asia moves: 20 July subscription
- HFW hires HSF partner for Indonesia launch subscription