I have been editor of The Lawyer since 2000 and in that time have launched numerous products, such as our student title Lawyer 2B, the Hot 100, the Workplace and Diversity Awards (now The Lawyer Management Awards) and the UK200, our annual investigation into law firm finances, as well as leading the transition from a pure print title to a digitally focused product. My interests within the legal sector span from global law firm strategy to diversity and social mobility, and I also have long experience writing about corporate and finance transactions and issues facing in-house lawyers. I speak French and Welsh and I tweet as @thelawyercatrin.
- 020 7970 4637
Edwards Wildman associate Sascha Grimm and Shearman & Sterling associate Suzanne Szczetnikowicz like to recount a story about female behaviour in the workplace.
Esther Felton’s vision as GC for insurer QBE was to create a legal function that works shoulder to shoulder with the business. Now a reality, her team’s remit is extending and fast acquiring specialist expertise
Gibson Dunn’s hire of former Ashurst senior partner Charlie Geffen is one of the biggest corporate stories of the season.
- Former Ashurst boss Geffen quits for Gibson Dunn
- Freshfields scores a US touchdown
- A game of thrones
- Greenberg Traurig Maher lands Slaughter and May partner to spearhead UK tax practice
- Roots of recovery are not so robust
- Outflanked in this War of the Roses
- Asia responds to a lighter touch
- Culture vs risk: How to run a law firm in challenging times
- Change: the great balancing act
- Can the collaboration trend work in favour of the mid-size firm?
- Out-of-London is the new London
- Dentons, The American Lawyer row, and why PEP is not "meaningless" download
- Beware the acquisitive accountant
- We need to talk about mental health
- Client partners are a special breed
- QBE splits advisers into two in new-look roster
- Kirkland & Ellis raids Weil for banking star Stephen Lucas