Tuca Zbârcea & Asociatii
Tuca Zbârcea & Asociatii is one of the leading law firms in Romania and in the region, both in terms of the high quality services it provides to its clients and the magnitude of the projects the firm has been involved in during the recent years. The firm's client portfolio includes prominent international corporations, financial institutions, government and local public authorities as well as `Fortune 500` category companies.
The firm boasts a talented team of 95 lawyers including 20 partners in its Bucharest office. It also operates a secondary office in Cluj-Napoca (one of the most important cities in Romania), as well as a representative office in Madrid (Spain). Furthermore, the firm enjoys excellent partnerships with various law offices throughout the country, including Brasov, Sibiu, Iasi, Constanta, Timisoara cities and has a “best friend agreement” with Turcan Cazac, the leading law firm in the Republic of Moldova.
Tuca Zbârcea & Asociatii’s client portfolio comprises many local and international companies, prominent financial institutions, as well as public authorities and governmental institutions. A selective list of clients includes: Erste Bank / Banca Comerciala Româna (BCR), OMV Petrom, CEZ, Rompetrol, ArcelorMittal, Carrefour, Gabriel Resources Ltd. / Rosia Montana Gold Corporation, Naftna Industrija Srbije (NIS) j.s.c. Novi Sad (a member of Gazprom), Sofiprotéol/Saipol, Romtelecom, Orkla Foods, Colgate-Palmolive, GED Capital Development, the Bucharest Stock Exchange, BRD-Groupe Société Générale, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), Philip Morris, Alstom Transport, Siemens, Ericsson Telecommunications Romania, ING Real Estate etc.
The firm is committed to building on and investing in client relationships beyond the provision of core legal advice. Its specialised network of professionals in insolvency (TZA Insolventa S.P.R.L.), certified tax advisors (Tuca Zbârcea & Asociatii Tax S.R.L.), certified intellectual property counsellors (Tuca Zbârcea & Asociatii IP S.R.L.), certified mediators and court bailiffs provide comprehensive services to effectively meet clients’ needs. Towards this end, the firm also ensured that its quality management systems are compliant with the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 standards and has been issued a quality certificate confirming the same.
Tuca Zbârcea & Asociatii is providing legal services in every aspect of business, covering all major areas of practice: mergers, acquisitions & privatization; corporate & commercial; litigation & international arbitration; oil & gas / mining law; corporate tax law; PPP, concession & public procurement; electronic communications & IT; employment & pensions; insurance & reinsurance; real estate; banking & finance; capital markets & securities; competition; healthcare & pharmaceutical law; energy law; environmental law; intellectual property; media & advertising; regulatory legal services; shipping & transport.
The firm's practice in these areas has been rated highest by major international directories, according to which Tuca Zbârcea & Asociatii is “one of the most dynamic firms in the Romanian legal market at the moment which has built a really successful practice and has emerged as one of the burgeoning outfits in the market” (IFLR 1000). Also, according to Chambers Europe, the firm “offers cutting-edge legal representation and serves clients’ interests beyond the confines of traditional lawyering”, employing a team of “true forward-thinkers” who provide both “innovative and practical solutions to legal problems”. Legal 500 acknowledges that Tuca Zbârcea & Asociatii remains “one of the leading domestic firms, showing no sign of slowing the pace”.
Throughout the past several years, Tuca Zbârcea & Asociatii has garnered a string of international recognitions, among which:
- “The Most Innovative Law Firm in Continental Europe” (Financial Times Innovative Lawyers’ Report);
- “Law Firm of the Year Award: Romania” (IFLR European Awards 2012);
- “Best Managed Workplace Award” (MPF European Leadership Awards 2012);
- “Law Firm of the Year Award for Excellence: Romania” (Chambers Europe Awards for Excellence 2010);
- “Law Firm of the Year: Eastern Europe and The Balkans” (The Lawyer European Awards 2010);
- “Business Innovator of the Year Award” (TopLegal International);
- “The Most Trusted Law Firm of the Year Award” (ACQ Country Awards);
- “Best Law Firm in Romania for Mergers and Acquisitions Work Award” (Corporate International UK);
- “Best Law Firm in Romania for Employment Work Award” (Corporate International UK);
- “Best Law Firm in Romania for Real Estate Work Award” (Corporate International UK);
- “Best Tax Team in Romania Award” (World Finance Review Legal Awards);
- “Corporate Tax Law Firm of the Year” (ACQ Country Awards);
- “Employment Law Firm of the Year” (ACQ Country Awards);
- “Insurance and Re-Insurance Law Firm of the Year” (ACQ Country A?wards);
- “Mining Law Firm of the Year” (ACQ Country Awards);
- “Oil and Gas Law Firm of the Year” (ACQ Country Awards);
- “Public Procurement Law Firm of the Year” (ACQ Country Awards);
- “Regulatory Communications Law Firm of the Year” (ACQ Country Awards);
- “Communications Law Firm of the Year” (Corporate International UK);
- “Best Employer in Romania 2009/10” in the SMEs category (Aon Hewitt).
4-8 Nicolae Titulescu Ave. America House, West Wing, 8th Floor
Turnover (£M): EUR 22.4m (2010)
Total number of fee-earners: 95
Total number of partners: 20
Total number of equity partners: 8
Total number of female partners: 8
Total number of staff: 163