I've been with The Lawyer since 2007 and in that time have seen sweeping changes across the profession, including the implementation of the Legal Services Act. Primarily I cover the litigation markets as well as the latest goings-on at the bar, including the major cases being heard across the High Court and appellate courts. For the last five years I have been responsible for compiling The Lawyer's annual pick of the top cases to be heard in London. I also have strong knowledge of the insurance markets and take an interest in everything from the personal injury sector to the Lloyd's of London market. As deputy news editor I am also responsible for helping co-ordinate The Lawyer's news coverage. I'm an avid Tweeter and like to make my opinions known. Follow me @thelawyerkaty and join the conversation.
- 020 7970 4614
Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co has won a David and Goliath legal battle for comedy club operators Comic Enterprises against Twentieth Century Fox.
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer partners generated the highest revenue on an individual basis than any firm in the UK200 Top 10 in 2013/14, posting a revenue per partner (RPP) figure of £2.88m.
The introduction of a ‘residency test’ for civil legal aid would be “discriminatory” and “unlawful”, the High Court has ruled.
- Magic circle sees UK market share shrink as global consolidation takes hold
- Magic circle holds back tide of mergers – for now
- Monckton raids Doughty Street for five-strong public law team
- DWF in High Court battle with Government over Insolvency Service tender
- 2013/14 financials: a decade in figures at the magic circle
- All rise, as PEP growth outstrips revenue
- CoA clarifies 'misunderstood' Mitchell ruling by offering third way on costs
- 2013/14 financials: the year so far
- Bird & Bird pushes revenues up 4 per cent to £259m
- Law Society chief bags 20 per cent pay rise despite Chancery Lane woes
- Linklaters becomes first magic circle firm to set gender diversity targets
- Gender targets are trendy, but they are also essential
- How fortune favoured the brave OC
- Who owns Bob Marley's music?
- Herbies former advocacy chief Rosen to join 4 New Square
- Herbies finalises disputes management line-up with Carrington named EMEA head
- LLPs ponder implications of members' status ruling