I've been with The Lawyer since 2007 and in that time have seen sweeping changes across the profession, including the implementation of the Legal Services Act. Primarily I cover the litigation markets as well as the latest goings-on at the bar, including the major cases being heard across the High Court and appellate courts. For the last five years I have been responsible for compiling The Lawyer's annual pick of the top cases to be heard in London. I also have strong knowledge of the insurance markets and take an interest in everything from the personal injury sector to the Lloyd's of London market. As deputy news editor I am also responsible for helping co-ordinate The Lawyer's news coverage. I'm an avid Tweeter and like to make my opinions known. Follow me @thelawyerkaty and join the conversation.
As of July 2014 I am on maternity leave.
Clyde & Co is preparing to overhaul its diversity and inclusion (D&I) programme in an effort to improve gender and social representation in its partnership.
In-house interview: Rebecca Smith, Scapa subscription
The hardworking GC of adhesives specialist Scapa has to be on call all hours to keep the worldwide group on a legally co-ordinated course.
Telecoms giant BT plans to extend its network of preferred suppliers to include a roster of regional firms as well as launching a framework of preferred barristers’ chambers for the first time next year.
- In-house interview: National Grid GC Rachael Davidson subscription
- Panel pioneer: Vodafone GC Rosemary Martin subscription
- In-house interview: Numis Securities managing director and GC Michael Lee subscription
- In-house interview: Mollie Stoker, Lucozade Ribena Suntory
- In-house interview: Nick Grant, Sainsbury's
- Multi-millionaire PI lawyer Winn reveals how to build a business subscription
- No break for Nestlé on KitKat trademark subscription
- Taylor Wimpey prepares for panel review subscription
- In-house interview: James Jordan, Taylor Wimpey
- Network Rail corporate GC Jobling to exit subscription
- Riverview Law: can artificial intelligence change the business of law? subscription
- In-house interview: Schroders GC Howard Trust subscription
- KPMG legal beats £10m revenue target in first year subscription
- Revenue growth gathers pace at PwC Legal as turnover hits £41m subscription
- Bevan Brittan to launch in Leeds with DWF hires subscription
- Slater & Gordon under scrutiny as SFO investigates Quindell subscription
- In-house interview: Kristin Campbell, Hilton Worldwide