I've been with The Lawyer since 2007 and in that time have seen sweeping changes across the profession, including the implementation of the Legal Services Act. Primarily I cover the litigation markets as well as the latest goings-on at the bar, including the major cases being heard across the High Court and appellate courts. For the last five years I have been responsible for compiling The Lawyer's annual pick of the top cases to be heard in London. I also have strong knowledge of the insurance markets and take an interest in everything from the personal injury sector to the Lloyd's of London market. As deputy news editor I am also responsible for helping co-ordinate The Lawyer's news coverage. I'm an avid Tweeter and like to make my opinions known. Follow me @thelawyerkaty and join the conversation.
- 020 7970 4614
The $6bn legal battle between Kazakhstan’s JSC BTA Bank and its former chairman Mukhtar Ablyazov is heading to the Supreme Court, where for the first time the justices will examine the standard form freezing injunction.
One Essex Court’s Laurence Rabinowitz QC and Weil Gotshal & Manges have defeated HM Revenue & Customs in a billion-pound litigation for retail giant Littlewoods.
Osborne Clarke is to open in San Francisco, six months after the firm sent a heavyweight contingent to launch an office in Manhattan.
- Litigation: The Supersilks
- Silks 2014: The QC stories
- Ayesha Vardag: I am the diva of divorce
- Footballer Anelka turns to Blackstone Chambers' Saini for disciplinary tribunal
- Herbies, Hogan Lovells wins as High Court throws out £85m Ecclestone bribery claim
- The silk route, 2014
- Third-party funding still too murky
- High Court throws out Legal Ombudsman ruling, branding it 'irrational'
- Hogan Lovells to lead $2bn oligarch battle after White & Case is debarred
- Stephenson Harwood raids DLA Piper in preparation for Seoul office launch
- Waste not, want not
- Watson Farley defeats £10m professional negligence claim
- Kit Kat copy, right?
- DAC Beachcroft launches in New York
- Case histories
- Withers exits gift XXIV Old Buildings new practice director
- Inns, outs and firm offers