I have been The Lawyer's features editor since 2003. During that time I've overseen numerous data-led projects, in particular the UK 200 Annual Report. I also lead the editorial focus on the operational side of the law, most notably in the new The Lawyer Management newsletter, which includes a weekly column in the print edition, news stories and blogs and will feature a day-long conference and awards in September. My remit covers the entire market but in terms of reporting my focus tends to be on US firms. In 2007 I set up and ran the publication's New York office. On a weekly basis I'm responsible for commissioning and editing several regular articles and columns in the print edition, including opinion articles.
- 020 7970 4558
Squire Sanders and Mayer Brown have emerged as the biggest fallers in the main table contained in this year’s Global Litigation Top 50 report (9 December 2013), The Lawyer’s exclusive analysis of the world’s top 50 litigation practices by revenue.
The world’s top 50 litigation practices generated a record $24.3bn (£14.9bn) last year, exclusive new data produced by The Lawyer for this year’s Global Litigation Top 50 report has revealed.
Litigation is an engine room of firms’ earnings but many clients, keen to keep a grip on the purse-strings, are forcing a reworking of fee arrangements
- The Lawyer Global Litigation Top 50: The in-house side of the story
- Deloitte the winner in UK 200 audit race
- Auditors under the spotlight
- Addleshaws' transaction services team hits third birthday
- US IP shop Finnegan opens in London, shuts down in Brussels
- 'Beer and song' raises £215,000 at Law Rocks' Six of the Best
- Olswang revenue up 15% at half-year stage to £57.6m
- Legal Harmony launches choir competition for lawyers
- Law Rocks Unplugged: the charity fundraiser and the Wild Sex Party video
- LPO provider Exigent raises stakes in lower cost offering with mLegal acquisition
- Fladgate turnover up 15% at half year as firm hires FFW construction head
- Boodle Hatfield quits Mayfair for Bankside
- DWF emerges as big winner on lockup reduction in the UK 200
- The Lawyer UK 200: Getting down to business subscription
- UK 200: Financial management subscription
- UK 200: Operational efficiency subscription
- The Lawyer UK 200: hundreds of metrics now online