Richard Tinham heads the commercial and corporate team, advising on commercial and corporate matters with a particular focus on joint ventures, partnerships and shareholder agreements; business transfers; outsourcing contracts and commercial agreements; and procurement.
Tinham acts for SMEs, high-net-worth clients and entrepreneurs, property developers, housing associations and public sector clients. Recent transactions include:
- advising a developer on the establishment of a limited liability partnership and partnership arrangements for the joint development of a £100m, 27-storey residential tower in Central London
- advising a developer on its joint venture with a registered provider to build a £128m development comprising 375 private homes adjacent to Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium
- advising a private client on a corporate structure used for the purposes of owning and maintaining a super yacht and transfer arrangements required to move the super yacht, its crew and service agreements into a newly created UK corporate vehicle to be operated utilising bareboat charter management arrangements
- advising a fund manager on the implications of his exit from a fund, including triggered share transfers, carried interest rights and modifications required to be made to shareholders’ agreements
- advising a registered provider on the procurement and contractual issues associated with a contract for the supply and installation of £18m of photovoltaic equipment to 2,000 flatted units
- advising a registered provider on the terms of a £500,000 contract for the purchase of ICT orientated telephony equipment
News from Winckworth Sherwood
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Winckworth Sherwood
On 7 July 2014, the government published details of the first wave of Growth Deals.
When calculating statutory holiday pay for their employees, UK employers need to take into account not just their basic pay but also contractual commission.