Richard Tinham heads the commercial and corporate team, advising on commercial and corporate matters with a particular focus on joint ventures, partnerships and shareholder agreements; business transfers; outsourcing contracts and commercial agreements; and procurement.
Tinham acts for SMEs, high-net-worth clients and entrepreneurs, property developers, housing associations and public sector clients. Recent transactions include:
- advising a developer on the establishment of a limited liability partnership and partnership arrangements for the joint development of a £100m, 27-storey residential tower in Central London
- advising a developer on its joint venture with a registered provider to build a £128m development comprising 375 private homes adjacent to Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium
- advising a private client on a corporate structure used for the purposes of owning and maintaining a super yacht and transfer arrangements required to move the super yacht, its crew and service agreements into a newly created UK corporate vehicle to be operated utilising bareboat charter management arrangements
- advising a fund manager on the implications of his exit from a fund, including triggered share transfers, carried interest rights and modifications required to be made to shareholders’ agreements
- advising a registered provider on the procurement and contractual issues associated with a contract for the supply and installation of £18m of photovoltaic equipment to 2,000 flatted units
- advising a registered provider on the terms of a £500,000 contract for the purchase of ICT orientated telephony equipment
News from Winckworth Sherwood
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Winckworth Sherwood
A private trustee’s duties can be onerous and it is important that a trustee is aware of them before accepting the office of trustee.
The Patent Box is a new preferential tax regime that came into force on 1 April 2013.