Appleby’s highly regarded Private Client & Trusts group provides trust services to high-net-worth individuals, families, international private banks and trust companies. We advise on all aspects of trust law, including the establishment, restructuring and winding up of private, charitable, purpose and commercial trusts. The team acts as trustee for a number of discretionary trusts and is frequently instructed by blue-chip trust institutions.
For individuals, families and their advisers, we:
- Offer counsel on international estate planning needs
- Help with difficult decisions when administering trusts for beneficiaries
- Assist in creating a family’s own trust company that, as a result, can build family unity, empower future generations and bring efficiency to the administration of family trusts
For businesses, we:
- Offer advice on the formation of commercial trusts (special-purpose trusts) in connection with leasing and structured finance transactions
Appleby has thriving and growing Private Client & Trust practices in some of the most well-regulated and highly regarded offshore jurisdictions for the creation of trust structures, including in Bermuda, the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey, the Isle of Man and Jersey.
Recent accolades include:
- Being awarded Caribbean Offshore Law Firm of the Year and Caribbean Trust Company of the Year at the Citywealth Offshore Awards 2012
- Being named one of the top 25 most admired companies in 2012 by Private Client Practitioner magazine
- Being awarded International Legal Team of the Year 2011 at the STEP Private Client Awards
- All Appleby Private Client & Trusts local team leaders identified as Leading Lawyers within the Citywealth Private Wealth Leaders List 2011
As wealth planning becomes increasingly global, Appleby’s Private Client & Trusts group has developed its services to offer clients choice, flexibility and practical solutions. Our lawyers regularly advise clients on achieving the most effective solution to fit their objectives, including guiding them to the most suitable jurisdiction. The Private Client & Trusts group also works closely with lawyers from our other practice areas as required, including litigation and insolvency for all contentious aspects of trust work.
Additionally, our Fiduciary & Administration group provides a broad range of offshore fiduciary services through our affiliated companies, including private client and trust management and administration services, and employee benefit trusts.
For more information on private clients and trusts click here.