Globalisation has fuelled a rapid increase in cross-border trade and investment. To compete in today’s challenging economic climate, companies must navigate an evolving set of international, national and local trade rules and polices.
DLA Piper’s International Trade practice draws on an in-depth knowledge of both the law and the political landscape across multiple jurisdictions to provide effective global strategies for those engaged in international trade and investment.
On our team are more than 40 international trade lawyers and specialists in the US, Europe, China, Russia and elsewhere throughout the world. We have an outstanding record of successfully advising companies, trade associations and governments on the full range of trade issues, including:
- Trade policy advice and strategic counsel
- Trade remedy proceedings, including anti-dumping, anti-subsidy and safeguard cases
- Bilateral and regional trade agreements, including NAFTA, FTAs and the EU Treaties
- Customs compliance and enforcement
- Exports controls
- Economic sanctions and embargoes
- EU and Canadian blocking statute compliance
- Anti-money laundering, Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC and PATRIOT ACT compliance
- Foreign investment review proceedings, including CFIUS and EU member state processes
- EU internal market regulations and infringement proceedings
- WTO accessions, negotiations, compliance and dispute settlement
DLA Piper’s global capability includes experienced trade lawyers and distinguished former government officials who advise on the issues at the nexus of law and politics. We offer you a powerful combination of legal knowledge and government affairs strength.
For more information on international trade click here.
News from DLA Piper
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from DLA Piper
This briefing deals with the regulation of late payment of commercial debts.
DLA Piper has released issue 64 of its Banking and Finance Litigation Update.
Analysis from The Lawyer
The Lawyer’s latest Top 50 litigation firms list shows that business for dispute specialists is roaring along while new in-depth detail reveals the winning strategies
With a glut of UK firms being taken over by global giants, the international table has been reconfigured, with a better than ever showing for one-stop-shoppers.