Our Special Projects Practice is well known for advising clients in high-profile white-collar criminal cases and we represent companies, government and semi-government entities. We have established and maintained excellent relationships with the UAE judicial authorities and gained a solid reputation as the leading regional law firm advising in this area.
In addition to advising clients on corporate matters such as joint venture agreements and entry in the market, and in the context of a global epidemic of fraud, our lawyers assist clients in every step from fraud risk management to reported corporate corruption cases with advice and counselling at every stage of criminal or parallel substantial civil exposures.
The number of investigations of alleged cross-border corruption cases has significantly increased and our Special Projects team focuses regionally on the criminal law enforcement and regulatory issues (in particular when individuals or corporations are in investigation in more than one jurisdiction).
Major corporations and global institutions seek our advice in complex, high-value disputes that threaten their business and reputation. We have special expertise and a long history of representing such clients in high-profile white-collar criminal cases and regulatory matters and, given this, we have worked on a very broad range of issues, exposing our lawyers to some of the most complex litigious cases in the UAE.
We handle white-collar matters in all substantive areas including but not limited to:
- Corruption and bribery
- Embezzlement and forgery
- Money laundering
- Corporate fraud
We are confident of maintaining our strong capabilities and level of service across the following areas in which we have a wealth of experience:
- Risk management and assessment
- Evaluating, establishing and implementing corporate compliance programmes
- Reviewing the nature and scope of criminal investigations
- Advising companies and individuals in criminal and regulatory inquiries
- Conducting internal and government investigations in various areas of potential violations of criminal laws and advising on best remedial actions
- Counselling corporate clients on fraud prevention and emergency fraud response
- Assisting clients and liaising with external counsels for cross-order jurisdiction matters
- Liaising with forensic auditing firms locally and internationally
- Handling cases worth substantial amounts
- Liaising with the public prosecution, the police and Interpol
- Assets tracing and freezing — with the assistance of foreign law firms in the concerned jurisdictions when necessary
- Unique capability to help clients manage media and messages during high-profile litigation matters
- Data gathering, risk assessment and counselling on interaction with law enforcement authorities
For more information on special projects click here.
News from Al Tamimi & Company
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Al Tamimi & Company
Jurisdiction is an extremely important issue.
UAE: the standard of care for special care objects and equipment and the extent of liability of its custodian
The responsibility for objects that need special care or sophisticated mechanical equipment lies with the person who is in control of said objects.