Planning and environment
The expertise of our Planning & Environment team extends to advising on all areas of planning and environmental law, regulation and policy. The team works closely with clients on their plans for the development and use of land and buildings and has significant experience on advising them on the application of, for example, sustainable development principles and the implications of emerging regulations on energy use and carbon trading.
With a broad and wide-ranging client base, the team advises building contractors, developers, investors, owner occupiers and banks, as well as public and regulatory authorities.
Areas of expertise
- Climate-change adaptation strategies
- Compulsory purchase and land compensation claims
- CRC energy-efficiency scheme
- Environmental impact assessments
- Environmental protection and regulation
- Health and safety and regulatory compliance and enforcement
- Listed buildings and conservation area redevelopment
- PFI/PPP planning and environment concerns
- Planning and highways agreements
- Urban development and major infrastructure planning
For more information on planning and environment click here.
News from Taylor Wessing
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Taylor Wessing
The European Commission has expressed doubts that the new video games tax relief is necessary to incentivise video game development in the UK.
Taylor Wessing has added a fresh batch of data-protection-focused content to its Global Data Hub site.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Financial disputes are starting to dominate the English courts as the long-awaited fallout from the downturn finally comes to town
A single patent court system for Europe and the high-profile ‘phone wars’ are putting IP at the heart of clients’ business strategies