Since its inception nearly 200 years ago, Curtis has been a leader in the commodities sector, advising some of the world’s largest public and private enterprises in the three major commodities sectors: metals and mineral, agriculture and energy.
The firm has been serving many of its clients for decades, including some of the world’s largest producers and trading firms. Our clients’ activities span the full range of industries, including extraction, mining, processing, refining and trading. We also counsel clients in related aspects of their business, including financing, acquisitions, mergers, divestitures, terminal and warehouse operations, shipping, litigation and arbitration.
The range of services provided by the group includes:
- Concessions and exploitation agreements
- Joint ventures and other strategic alliances
- Purchase, sale, supply, tolling and refining agreements
- Mining and production agreements
- Project and pre-export finance
- Swaps, derivatives, forward sales and asset-based lending
- Post-production, warehousing, transport and shipping
- Environmental matters
- Trade regulation
- Dispute resolution, arbitration and litigation
- Workouts and restructurings
Members of the group are located throughout the firm’s offices in Almaty, Frankfurt, Houston, London, Milan, Paris, Mexico City, New York and Washington DC.
For more information on commodities click here.
News from Curtis Mallet-Prevost Colt & Mosle
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Curtis Mallet-Prevost Colt & Mosle
US copyright and trademark law is now much closer to that of Europe, but key differences remain.
The treatment of intellectual property licenses under US bankruptcy law