Technology, media and telecommunications
Our technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) team comprises lawyers with a diverse range of specialist skills, experience and backgrounds, which allows us to provide a complete regional solution to the legal services requirements of clients operating in the TMT industries.
With our bilingual capabilities, understanding of local law and practice and regional coverage, we offer clients international skills, experience and quality at a local level. We shape our services to meet the precise needs and budgets of our clients. In many cases, we assist our clients by drawing upon the skills and experience of our colleagues in other departments to ensure that a complete legal solution is provided.
Our specialist technology experience includes:
- Technology sale and licensing, purchasing, project management and governance
- Business process and IT outsourcing
- Data protection, use, transfer and commercialisation under local laws
- Consumer-oriented online and mobile technology and services
- E-business, M-business, M-banking and E-government transactions and services
- Intellectual property commercialisation and transactions
Our specialist media experience includes:
- Broadcasting and publishing regulation
- Digital and traditional content regulation, transactions and commercialisation
- Digital and traditional advertising and promotions regulation and transactions
- Content assignment, delivery and licensing
- Event management and operation infrastructure
Our specialist telecommunications practice is regional. In collaboration with other departments of the firm, we can addresses all aspects of an organisation’s telecommunication requirements, including the following:
- Telecommunication regulations and policy on such matters as operational compliance, licensing, VoIP services, anti-competitive practices, consumer protection and privacy
- Commercial transactions, consumer agreements and arrangements on behalf of service providers, equipment manufacturers, apparatus providers, financial institutions and other entities
- Advising organisations engaged in provisioning telecommunications infrastructure
- Advising service providers and other organisations engaged in the mobile, internet and satellite sectors
- Guidance on telecommunications management, converged communications services, networking integration and strategic initiatives and growth strategies
- Import and export of telecommunications related apparatus support
- Mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and reorgansations and joint ventures
For more information on TMT click here.
News from Al Tamimi & Company
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Al Tamimi & Company
It is debatable how useful post-termination restrictions are and to what extent they can really provide any protection.
Under the new Companies Law No 25 of 2012, there are several utilities available for stakeholders to hold certain individuals accountable for their actions.