Industrial and intellectual property
NCTM offers strategic and commercial advice for the enforcement and protection of all forms of intellectual property, including trademarks, patents, geographical indications, industrial design, domain names and royalties.
We have developed a strong network of law firms to assist in the protection of intellectual property across most jurisdictions and have become specialised in the protection of famous Italian brands.
Our advice covers:
- Litigation on trademarks and trade names
- Counterfeiting and of unfair competition — enforcement of customs duties
- Matters concerning ousting of dominion names
- Protection of copyright in the arts, publication and show-business fields
- Advertising and communications
- Transfer of trademark licences, patents and know-how
- Trademark clearance
- Sponsoring agreements
- ‘Made in Italy’
- Intellectual property due diligence
For more information on industrial and intellectual property click here.
Briefings from NCTM
The Italian Revenue Agency has clarified that to be excluded from the scope of ‘abuse of rights’ are the agreements relating to mid- to long-term bank financing transactions entered into abroad and designed to have legal effect in Italy.
Counterfeiting is not only a problem for traditional brands protected by trademarks.