Al Tamimi & Company operates a specialist insurance practice to cater for all aspects of the Middle East’s insurance industry, including major regional and international insurers, brokers, third-party administrators and reinsurers. We also offer advice on all types of insurance protection and claims to corporates in a wider range of industries.
We have been involved in the establishment of numerous insurance businesses in the region, from large multinationals to small specialist and Shariah firms, whether through joint venture, free zone of independent structures and, on occasion, using reinsurance.
We have experience in a range of insurance industry legal services, including:
- Representation in regular and subrogated claims
- Advising some of the world’s largest insurance groups on health insurance requirements, regulations relating to foreign insurers, licensing and establishment in the region
- Providing advice and assistance in the setup of insurance businesses in the MENA region and further consultation on product liability, public liability, workers’ compensation, professional indemnity and health insurance requirements
- Reviewing, advising on and amending Takaful policies in relation to various types of insurance, including medical group and group family protection plans and professional indemnity
- Advising some of the largest airline companies in the region on insurance requirements and claims, in particular industrial and personal injury claims as well as advice and representation for subrogation claims by insurers
- Negotiating settlements and representation in arbitration and litigation matters
- Providing advice on financial services insurance and policy review for major banks across the Middle East
- Advising global reinsurers on insurance claims, negotiating settlements and representation in litigation
- General advice to various companies and organisations including banks, hospitals, airlines, shipping companies, retailers and manufacturers in relation to insurance, including life, health, directors and officers, professional indemnity, financial institutions, electronic and computer crime, public liability, product liability, property, construction and employment insurance, property damage, hull claims, personal injury and life insurance through to professional negligence, computer crime and employers liability
For more information on insurance click here.
News from Al Tamimi & Company
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Al Tamimi & Company
Jurisdiction is an extremely important issue.
UAE: the standard of care for special care objects and equipment and the extent of liability of its custodian
The responsibility for objects that need special care or sophisticated mechanical equipment lies with the person who is in control of said objects.