Insurance and reinsurance
Insurance law has a long history across different legal systems and so requires highly specific skills to navigate its complexities. NCTM is recognised as being a leader in this sector, offering services to both Italian and foreign insurers, re-insurers and others doing business in Italy.
The insurance and reinsurance team’s specialisations include:
- Policy wording and advice on innovative insurance and reinsurance products
- Advice on coverage and reporting
- Coverage litigation
- Claims handlings
- Subrogation actions and recovery
- Formation, incorporation and authorisation
- M&A and joint venture agreements
- Regulatory and compliance
- Risk management and risk assessment
- Relationships between insurers and brokers
- Multi-jurisdiction litigations
- Domestic and cross-border transfers of insurance and reinsurance businesses
For more information on insurance and reinsurance click here.
This material was sourced from the NCTM website.
News from NCTM
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from NCTM
Bankruptcy and liquidation trusts: under what conditions can they be recognised in the Italian legal system?
The Italian Supreme Court of Cassation has ruled that trusts can be recognised in Italy, when the settlor is insolvent, only if they are consistent with the purposes of the procedure.
A debtor in a concordato preventivo pre-filing regime can suspend but not terminate agreements pursuant to bankruptcy law
Can the Bankruptcy Court authorise the debtor to terminate credit facility agreements when the debtor submitted a pre-filing for concordato preventivo?
Analysis from The Lawyer
Being sent to London on secondment is a prized opportunity for associates in European firms