Executive compensation and employee benefits
Chadbourne advises clients on all aspects of employee benefits and executive compensation, both in the context of corporate transactions and in the more traditional areas of ERISA involving plan design and compliance.
Our work in the transactional area is broad, and includes advice with respect to mergers and acquisitions, loan agreements, securitisations and investment fund matters. Our traditional benefits practice is equally expansive, and includes tax-qualification issues, reporting and disclosure requirements, participation, funding and benefit accrual questions, and the issues raised in connection with the amendment, merger or termination of ERISA-covered plans.
We regularly review, negotiate and draft executive compensation arrangements, including employment agreements, independent contractor and consulting agreements, severance agreements, ‘golden parachutes’, stock- and non-stock-related incentive arrangements, and supplemental retirement and savings plans.
We review, design and draft:
- defined benefit and defined contribution plans, including traditional pension plans, cash balance plans, money purchase pension plans, 401(k) plans and profit-sharing plans
- executive compensation arrangements
- stock option, restricted stock, phantom stock, stock purchase and other stock-based plans
- non-qualified retirement and savings plans
- health and welfare plans
- severance and early retirement ‘window’ plans
For more information on executive compensation and employee benefits click here.
News from Chadbourne & Parke
Briefings from Chadbourne & Parke
This presentation by Chadbourne & Parke focuses on real-estate investment trusts (REITs) and renewable energy.
The ABA Tax Section’s May meeting hosted a panel discussion concerning the IRS’s start of construction guidance (Notice 2013-29).