Environmental, health and safety
Italian worker safety and environmental regulation is extremely complex, having developed piece-meal over the years through overlapping regulations and contradictory judgements. NCTM has developed a broad experience in these areas, based on its extensive expertise in all aspects of Italian law (administrative law, civil law and criminal law).
In particular, the group specialises in:
- Defence of managers in criminal proceedings related to infringements of environmental protection regulations
- Assistance in land reclamation processes of polluted sites (from both administrative and criminal law points of view)
- Assistance in criminal and/or civil proceedings for environmental damage claims
- Assistance and consulting in the application for administrative authorisations in various sectors (water, air, waste, VAS [Strategic Environmental Assessment], VIA [Environmental Impact Assessment], AIA [Environmental Impact Authorisation] and garbage dumps) and in appeals against unlawful administrative provisions
- Legal consulting in environmental and safety management systems
- Legal assistance in the creation of management organisation charts and systems of proxies
- Compliance audits and due diligence
- Specialist lifelong training for corporate management on legislative and case law evolution
- Defence of employers, managers, agents and machine manufacturers in criminal proceedings for infringement of accident prevention regulations (grievous bodily harm and manslaughter)
- Legal defence in cases of equipment withdrawal orders or components that fail to comply with safety standards
- Preparation of compliance systems to avoid the administrative liability of companies and legal assistance in proceedings before the courts
For more information on environmental, health and safety click here.
Briefings from NCTM
The Italian Revenue Agency has clarified that to be excluded from the scope of ‘abuse of rights’ are the agreements relating to mid- to long-term bank financing transactions entered into abroad and designed to have legal effect in Italy.
Counterfeiting is not only a problem for traditional brands protected by trademarks.