The employment world’s legal landscape is changing constantly, presenting a unique challenge for businesses and their HR teams. There is not much that our team of experienced employment specialists has not seen before, meaning we are well placed to deliver cost-effective commercial advice without the ‘legalese’.
We pride ourselves on taking time to fully understand your business and your objectives so we can deliver the support you need, when you need it most.
Each year there seem to be more and more rules and regulations, which can seem overwhelming at times. Through our regular training events and briefings, we offer a painless way to keep your organisation up to speed.
Whatever your requirements, we can provide tailored, innovative and practical advice, strategies and solutions.
For more information on employment click here.
Here is a flavour of the sort of products and services we regularly deliver:
- Day to day advice — we can guide your HR department through the everyday employment issues that arise, such as conducting disciplinary and grievance hearings
- Service contracts and policies — we can draft and update your contracts and policies so that they provide the maximum protection for your business
- Compromise agreements — we negotiate and advise on termination settlements for all staff up to and including board level
- Business re-organisation — we can guide you though all redundancy and restructuring problems
- Litigation — our experienced advocates can assist with all aspects of employment tribunal litigation including unfair dismissal, whistle-blowing and complex discrimination cases
- Restrictive covenants and confidentiality — your business is your customers, employees and confidential information; we can help you to protect them as much as possible
- Data protection — this is a complex area that we can help you get to grips with; we regularly carry out data protection audits to assist our clients with compliance
- Corporate transactions — we have extensive experience advising on all employment aspects of transactions including TUPE
- Training — we can deliver bespoke training sessions for your staff across the full range of employment topics
- Other services — our specialist pensions, health and safety and employee benefits teams are at your service as part of our integrated approach
News from Shoosmiths
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Shoosmiths
The government has made it possible to convert Class B1 office buildings to Class C3 residential dwellings without having to apply for planning permission.
When a key employee leaves, employers can find themselves facing difficult practical and legal issues over who to replace them with.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Compliance and corporate governance codes for large financial institutions will undoubtedly include provisions to regulate high pay in the future
There’s more to the ABS model than attracting the man in the street and procuring external investment. Partners at the big corporate firms, take note…