In the Middle East, family-controlled businesses predominate in many of the region’s key industries — both in terms of the size and range of their investments and the numbers of personnel they employ. Our Family Business Practice is the market leader in the GCC region and is dedicated to building and engineering the legal structures and binding understandings necessary to insulate family-controlled businesses and assets from external threats and internal family dialogue debates.
Al Tamimi & Company is dedicated to ensuring a clear pathway to the future stewardship of family assets and has unparalleled local and regional expertise at building those legal structures for assets and business holdings throughout the GCC and MENA. Those structures stabilise asset ownership and align the assets with any arrangements for family stewardship.
We work with leading Sharia scholars to design family structures and understandings that are fully compliant with Sharia. We can achieve this outcome without exposing business structures and family understandings to interference or intervention from secular officials, allowing a seamless transition from the original family stewardship to the next generation.
Our clients benefit from the insight of local and international experts who apply family-business-focused experience and are supported by the full range of legal services we offer at Al Tamimi & Company. We work closely with other specialists to offer traditional corporate restructuring, succession planning, property and trust advice and provide the following additional specialised services:
- Family constitutions
- Traditional corporate restructuring
- Limited liability structures tailored to manage business risks
- Family corporate governance systems
- Management and resolution of inter-generational conflicts
- Establishment and management of family offices support
We have experience in the following:
- Legal structures protecting against and managing legal risks and exposures associated with family business investments
- Tailor-made legal entities and arrangements that eliminate business disruption at times of family transition (such as retirement, incapacity or death)
- Binding family constitutions that manage and channel dialogues and debates and that pave the way for a clear and orderly transition to future stewardship
- Bespoke governance policies based on specific family and business circumstances
For more information on family business click here.
News from Al Tamimi & Company
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Al Tamimi & Company
Jurisdiction is an extremely important issue.
UAE: the standard of care for special care objects and equipment and the extent of liability of its custodian
The responsibility for objects that need special care or sophisticated mechanical equipment lies with the person who is in control of said objects.