Our corporate group is led by a team of partners widely regarded as leaders in their field and who are regularly recommended by clients and intermediaries.
Whether you are a UK-based company or a global corporation looking to carry out an IPO or get involved in merger, acquisition or joint-venture activities, we are able to advise you on how to achieve your business objectives.
We have a wealth of resource and specialist experience for you to draw on.
Our team has advised public and private companies, management teams, investors and debt providers right through the business lifecycle, from start-up and first-round finance through to mergers and acquisitions, MBO and MBI transactions, development funding and exits, whether by way of sale, listing or private equity investment.
As well as providing transactional support for our clients, our experience includes:
- Advising on corporate governance
- Corporate restructurings
- Capital reductions
- Shareholder agreements and joint ventures
We support our clients on all aspects of corporate life, building strong relationships with in-house lawyers, company secretaries, management boards and business owners to ensure a corporate is fully supported.
Our corporate team is largely chosen by clients for its reputation and personalities. Our experience helps us to steer a commercial path through the negotiations. We do not point-score with the other side’s lawyers and you will find our approach to pricing refreshingly commercial.
We are part of an international network of lawyers known as the World Services Group and we utilise the strength of this network in more than 100 countries to manage cross-border projects for clients and meet their requirements for overseas legal advice.
Recent experience includes:
- Acting for Ageas (UK) Ltd on the £215m acquisition of Kwik Fit Insurance Services Ltd and the £53m acquisition of Castle Cover Ltd
- Acting for Biocontrol Ltd, a UK company, on its cross-border merger with Targeted Genetics Corporation, a US corporation
- Advising the management team in connection with its £41m recommended cash offer for AIM-listed Workplace Systems International plc backed by Lloyds Development Capital
- Advising British Gas on its acquisitions of JK Environmental (UK) Ltd and ECL Contracts
- Advising Informa plc on numerous acquisitions in the events and publishing sector
For more information on corporate click here.
News from Shoosmiths
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Shoosmiths
Drafting references can be a legal minefield for employers.
The government has made it possible to convert Class B1 office buildings to Class C3 residential dwellings without having to apply for planning permission.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Compliance and corporate governance codes for large financial institutions will undoubtedly include provisions to regulate high pay in the future
There’s more to the ABS model than attracting the man in the street and procuring external investment. Partners at the big corporate firms, take note…