Chadbourne & Parke’s finance practice offers a unique approach to deals and problem solving for our clients. We combine sophisticated legal skills, business acumen and an appreciation of our clients’ goals to develop innovative solutions for financing transactions and to efficiently execute financing transactions of all types.
We represent domestic and foreign commercial and investment banks, financial institutions, investment funds, venture capital firms and multinational corporations, as arrangers, agents, lenders and borrowers.
Our practice includes experienced financing lawyers in both our US and international offices who can execute financing transactions under US and English law. Chadbourne’s finance practice is supported by lawyers from other disciplines throughout the firm, such as capital markets, project finance, bankruptcy and financial restructuring and tax, to provide integrated ‘one-stop shopping’ client services. In addition, Chadbourne’s substantial industry expertise in areas such as aerospace and defence, automotive components, consumer products, energy, insurance and reinsurance and pharmaceuticals enhances our finance practice.
Chadbourne’s finance practice specialises in international and domestic transactions in a diverse range of industries and markets, with particular strengths in the following areas:
- Syndicated loans — we represent leading domestic and international financial institutions as arrangers, agents and lenders, as well as their customers as borrowers, in a broad variety of syndicated credit facilities throughout the world, for both investment-grade and non-investment-grade borrowers, including revolving credit facilities, letter of credit facilities and term loans
- Structured finance and securitisation — we represent banks and other financial institutions as arrangers, lenders and borrowers, as well as investment grade and non-investment grade borrowers, in complex and innovative structured financings. We represent arrangers, originators, credit enhancers and rating agencies in domestic and international asset-based and securitisation transactions
- Project finance — we represent financing sources (including domestic and international banks, institutional lenders and multilateral agencies) and borrowers in construction financings, acquisition financings and refinancings of energy and other infrastructure projects throughout the world
- Lease finance — we represent arrangers and debt and equity investors in leveraged leases and other tax-oriented asset-based financings
- Leveraged lending — we represent senior lenders, investment funds and equity participants in various types of acquisition financings, bridge financings, mezzanine financings, complex debt restructurings, secured financings and first- and second-lien financing structures
- Restructurings and recapitalisations — we represent both borrowers and leading domestic and international financial institutions and institutional lenders as arrangers, agents and lenders in connection with refinancings, restructurings, recapitalisations, work-outs and DIP financings, both in the domestic and international markets
For more information on finance click here.
News from Chadbourne & Parke
Briefings from Chadbourne & Parke
The ABA Tax Section’s May meeting hosted a panel discussion concerning the IRS’s start of construction guidance (Notice 2013-29).
Chadbourne & Parke’s John Marciano looks at the high-level tax considerations surrounding investment in non-US projects.