Bankruptcy and financial restructuring
Chadbourne & Parke’s bankruptcy and financial restructuring group has an impressive record of achieving successful outcomes for its clients in Chapter 11 cases and corporate restructurings both in the US and abroad. We are active in all areas of business restructurings and insolvencies, in matters ranging from the largest multinational mega-cases to significant regional businesses.
Our group was recently recognised as one of the leading firms in the bankruptcy/restructuring area in Chambers USA — America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2012), noting that the firm is ‘a highly respected player in the bankruptcy market, with a team that brings specific expertise in international and cross-border restructurings’.
Our practice includes:
- Representation of ad-hoc and official creditors’ committees in large and complex Chapter 11 cases and out-of-court restructurings. Major committee representations include Tribune Company, Spiegel Inc/Eddie Bauer Inc, ACA Financial Guaranty and Parmalat USA Corp
- Representing US and non-US banks, investment banks, insurance companies, bondholders and other creditors in dealing with their exposures to financially troubled companies, including leading roles in the Xerium, TOUSA, Capmark, Chrysler, Lehman Brothers, Enron, Refco and Mirant Chapter 11 cases
- Representation of leading financial institutions such as Citigroup, Credit Suisse and the Royal Bank of Scotland, as agents for lender groups, in large, often multinational, restructurings and Chapter 11 cases
- A central role in the restructuring of the insurance monoline industry, including ACA Financial Guaranty, Ambac, MBIA and BluePoint. Chambers USA (2011) noted that the firm is ‘praised as a major player in the monoline sector’
- Playing a leading role in many of the most significant cases brought under provisions of the Bankruptcy Code governing US proceedings ancillary to foreign administration and liquidation cases; for example, we represented the receiver appointed in the Russian bankruptcy of Yukos Oil and commenced a Chapter 15 in the Us on his behalf
Our bankruptcy and financial restructuring lawyers have extensive experience in corporate finance, structured finance, leveraged lease transactions, mergers and acquisitions and litigation and appellate practice. Members of Chadbourne’s project finance, corporate finance, tax and litigation groups regularly join our restructuring teams so that we can draw effectively upon the combined resources of our lawyers located around the globe.
Our clients have come to rely upon our resourcefulness and poise in the face of overwhelming complexity, and they often engage us for their most challenging matters. As noted in Chambers USA, our lawyers ‘do not believe in posturing, but rather strive to arrive at solutions’.
For more information on bankruptcy and financial restructuring click here.
News from Chadbourne & Parke
Briefings from Chadbourne & Parke
The New York State Department of Labor recently published proposed regulations addressing employer deductions from employee wages.
This presentation by Chadbourne & Parke focuses on real-estate investment trusts (REITs) and renewable energy.