Banking and finance
We are renowned for our leading position in the Middle East’s banking and finance sector. The extensive and region-specific experience harnessed in this practice offers our clients comprehensive advice on all aspects of structuring, negotiating and documenting financial transactions. We represent local and international banks and financial institutions advising on both their conventional and Islamic arrangements.
Our team of lawyers is well positioned to provide advice across a complete set of banking and finance legal services.
The Banking and Finance Practice is experienced and leads regional activity in a wide-ranging suite of services, including:
- Islamic finance — acting for a majority of the Islamic finance institutions operating in the Middle East, we advise on requirements ranging from establishment and licensing through to structuring and documentation.
- Banking litigation and enforcement — Al Tamimi & Company’s expertise is at the forefront of banking litigation and enforcement in the region, a reputation we secure through obtaining regular judgements for the enforcement of corporate and retail finance documents and related securities
- Derivatives — our lawyers offer specialist advice relating to ISDA documentation and its enforceability; our activity in this area also extends to assisting banks in the development of Shariah-compliant hedging products
- Investment funds and structures — we provide counsel to various regional investment funds and our experience includes establishing the first Real Estate Investment Trust in the DIFC
- Ship, aircraft and asset financing — guidance on vessel, aircraft and other large equipment and plant acquisition financing is a well-established area within the practice
- Real-estate financing — our work in the regional real-estate development finance space is varied and we have facilitated milestone deals involving many of the most high-profile hotels, shopping and leisure centres here
- Trade and export financing — the team offers support on an extensive range of trade finance credit facilities and structures
- Project finance — we regularly play a key role in the financing of flagship projects and infrastructure within the Middle East
- Incorporation and licensing of financial institutions — experience in this important area of the practice’s proficiency includes assistance in the conversion of conventional to Islamic banking structures and the establishment and licensing of a number of financial institutions, both in the UAE and the DIFC; we also have strong practice advising financial canters on licensing support issues
For more information on banking and finance click here.
News from Al Tamimi & Company
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Al Tamimi & Company
Jurisdiction is an extremely important issue.
UAE: the standard of care for special care objects and equipment and the extent of liability of its custodian
The responsibility for objects that need special care or sophisticated mechanical equipment lies with the person who is in control of said objects.