Antitrust and competition
NCTM is one of the most authoritative law firms in Italy on competition matters. It brings together a mix of hard-nosed practical legal advice with academic theory and experience.
We work on European Community and Italian antitrust law, unfair competition, unfair commercial practices and the regulation of advertising. Over the years, the practice has developed significant experience in antitrust damages suits.
Specific areas of competence are:
- Restrictive agreements and abuse of dominant positions before the Italian Antitrust Authority and the European Community and European Commission
- Mergers and concentrations under Italian and European law
- Antitrust damages actions before the civil courts
- Co-operation, distribution and licence agreements
- Antitrust compliance programmes
- State aids
- Unfair competition
- Regulation of advertising
- Regulation of unfair commercial practices
For more information on antitrust and competition click here.
Briefings from NCTM
The Italian Revenue Agency has clarified that to be excluded from the scope of ‘abuse of rights’ are the agreements relating to mid- to long-term bank financing transactions entered into abroad and designed to have legal effect in Italy.
Counterfeiting is not only a problem for traditional brands protected by trademarks.