Phoenix Legal is a full service law firm offering an extensive range of transactional, regulatory, advisory and dispute resolution services. The firm advises a diverse clientele, including domestic and international companies, banks and financial institutions, funds, promoter groups and public sector undertakings.
A few characteristics that set us apart from a conventional firm are: a high degree of partner involvement and availability; top-quality commercially oriented legal advice; attention to detail; responsiveness; and a flexible billing policy.
We are committed to developing strong client relationships, engaging capable and dedicated professionals and investing in technology. Enthusiasm, energy and drive for excellence influence the way we work. We invest time in understanding our client’s business that enables us to provide commercially oriented and innovative legal solutions to achieve the client’s goals.
In the short span of existence, the firm has firmly established itself in the Indian legal market and has successfully advised on several complex and prestigious deals, some of which have received wide media coverage. Asia Law Profiles has quoted one of the firm’s clients as saying: "It’s hard to think of areas where Phoenix Legal can improve. The firm is better than nearly all legal firms…"
Some of the other accolades received by the firm include:
- Winner in the category: Project Finance Law Firm of the Year — India, Finance Monthly Law Awards 2012
- Private Equity Law Firm of the year— India, ACQ Global Awards, 2012
- Law firm of the year — Mergers and Acquisitions India, Dealmakers M&A Awards, 2012
- Winner in the category: Infrastructure and Project Finance — India, Business Law Journal's deals of the year 2011
- Winner in the category: Private Equity Law Firm of the Year — India, Finance Monthly Law Awards 2011
- Winner in the category: Banking & Finance Law Firm of the Year — India, Finance Monthly Law Awards 2011
- Great value for money and very responsive services — Chambers and Partners 2011
- Winner in the Category: Securitization & Structured Finance — India, Business Law Journal’s 2010 Indian Law Firm Awards
- The firm’s legal acumen is comparable to any of the top firms — Asialaw Profiles, 2010
- Emerging M&A Firm of the Year (India)— Corporate INTL Global Awards, 2010
- Best Newcomers — India, Business Law Journal’s 2009 Indian Law Firm Awards
- One of the top 10 firms to watch out for in Asia in 2009 — Asian Legal Business, January, 2009 edition
- Emerging Firm of the Year India 2009— Asian Counsel
- Euromoney Asia Pacific Oil and Gas Deal of the Year 2008 — The firm acted as the borrower's counsel for the USD425 million financing of Petronet LNG Ltd's Kochi LNG terminal
Key practice areas
Antitrust and Competition, Banking and Finance, CMT, Commercial Contracts, Corporate and Securities Laws, Dispute Resolution — Arbitration and Litigation, Energy, Oil and Gas, Environment, Employment and Industrial Relations, Foreign Investment and Exchange Control, Infrastructure and Project Finance, Intellectual Property, International Trade, Information Technology and Outsourcing, Insurance, Joint Ventures, Foreign and Technical Collaborations, Mergers and Acquisitions, Mining and Resources, Private Equity and Funds, Real Estate, Regulatory Affairs and Taxation.
Standard Chartered Bank, RSA Insurance Group, Deutsche Bank, Toshiba India Private Limited, Monster Inc., Logon Investment, Petronet LNG, ANZ Banking Group, NEA Capital, ICICI Bank, Citibank, Axis Bank, Sunflag Iron and Steel, ARINC Inc, Astonfield Group, Evergreen International Aviation, India Hospitality Corp, Quantum Design Inc, Visteon, Accor hotels, Air Liquide, AXA Group, Dufry AG, Standard Life, Stemcor Group, Navis Capital, IFMR, Karvy Finance, IL&FS Investment Managers Limited, s. Oliver Fashions, British Marine, BNY Mellon, Tokai Rubber, Trafigura, Bechtel, Sojitz Corporation.
Tel: +91 22 4340 8500
Fax: +91 22 4340 8501
Contact person: Mr. Sawant Singh
Tel: +91 11 4983 0000
Fax: +91 11 4983 0099
Contact person: Mr. Saket Shukla
OverviewFirst Floor, CS -242
Mathuradas Mill Compound, NM Joshi Marg
Number of fee earners: 40
Number of lawyers: 40
Number of partners: 6
Number of female partners: 2