18 August 2008
21 December 2012
3 September 2013
16 September 2013
26 February 2013
14 May 2013
MOVE OF THE WEEK
Field Fisher Waterhouse has poached former Peters & Peters partner Tony Lewis, who joins the commercial litigation practice. Prior to joining Peters & Peters in 2005, Lewis worked at CMS Cameron McKenna for 10 years.
• Simmons & Simmons has appointed Rodger Hughes, formerly of PricewaterhouseCoopers, as a non-executive member of its board. The board now comprises chairman David Dickinson, Jonathan Kelly, Jonathan Hammond, Pedro Rebelo de Sousa, Jacques de Taisne, Philip Vaughan, China head Paul Li, managing partner Mark Dawkins, finance director David McLaughlin, Rodger Hughes and Sharon Studer.
• Linklaters energy and infrastructure partner Richard Ginks will be relocating to the firm’s Singapore office on 1 September from London. Ginks joined Linklaters as a trainee solicitor in London in 1996 and was made a partner in 2007.
• Mr Justice Nicholas Underhill has been appointed president of the Employment Appeal Tribunal. He succeeds Mr Justice Patrick Elias.
• Corporate and media firm Marriott Harrison has hired three new partners: restructuring lawyer Eleanor Maxwell from DMH Stallard, IT/telecoms specialist Susan Mann from Reed Smith, and corporate partner David Bennett from SJ Berwin.
• Mr Justice David Richards has been made vice-chancellor of the County Palatine of Lancaster. The post covers supervision of the conduct of Chancery business in the North of England.
• Justices Adrian Fulford, Peter Openshaw and Richard Field have been appointed as presiding judges in the South Eastern, North Eastern and Western Circuit respectively.
• Peterborough-based Greenwoods Solicitors has acquired employment boutique Abel-Brown Solicitors, taking on two new lawyers. Louise Brown joins as associate director and Vaishali Thakerar joins as a solicitor.
• Nottingham firm Andersons has promoted three new partners: Sally Laughton and Lorraine Sansom in employment and Emma Dancer in property. The firm has also promoted employment specialist Anthony Kay to associate.
• Phyllis Grimm has joined Worcester-based Harrison Clark as an assistant in the commercial team. She left an in-house position at CNH America to take up the post. The firm has also hired associate Patricia MacKenzie to the department from MFG Solicitors in Bromsgrove.
• Regional firm Howes Percival has recruited commercial litigation lawyer Anne Charity as an assistant in its Norwich office. She joins from West Sussex-based Paul Davidson Taylor, where she was a partner.
• Scottish firm Biggart Baillie has appointed Paul Warner as an associate in the commercial property department. He previously worked at Glasgow City Council.
• Ali Mojdehi has been elected managing partner of the San Diego office of Baker & McKenzie. He succeeds Charles Dick, who will continue his litigation practice.
• California law firm Irell & Manella has
named Newport Beach-based partner Matthew Sant and Los Angeles-based partner Gregory Klein co-chairs of its emerging technologies
• Watson Burton head of employment John McMullen has been appointed to the Law Society’s Employment Law Committee for a three-year term.
• Eversheds has appointed partner Ingrid Everson to head up its 24-strong pensions team in Birmingham.
• Aberdeen firm James & George Collie has promoted corporate lawyer Innes Miller to the partnership.
• Derby-based Robinsons has hired assistant Marika Portelli-Field from Sheffield firm Banner Jones. She joins Robinsons’ commercial property department.
• Ward Hadaway’s Leeds office has recruited employment law specialist Harmajinder Hayre as a partner. Hayre was previously a partner at Beachcroft in Leeds.
• Insolvency partner Richard Marshall is to become the new managing director of Leeds-based Lupton Fawcett, succeeding Kevin Emsley who has stepped down after 15 years in the role.
• Preston-based Harrison Drury & Co has recruited Jennifer Wilkinson to its wills and probate team. She was previously at Skelmersdale-based solicitors Scott Rees & Co.