21 April 2008
16 July 2013
5 September 2013
9 April 2014
18 October 2013
20 January 2014
• Lovells has hired Libby Hannan as an associate in the dispute resolution practice. She was previously counsel in the litigation department at GlaxoSmithKline.
• Herbert Smith has hired Linklaters energy and infrastructure partner Richard Nelson to join its Singapore practice. He has previously practised in London, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
• Rotherham-based Oxley & Coward has promoted two women to the partnership. Jayne Jackson, who joined the firm as a legal secretary 15 years ago and studied part-time before qualifying as a solicitor in 2001, becomes a partner in the tax, trust law, wills and probate practice. She is joined by commercial partner Rebecca Stopford.
• Davis Blank Furniss has made two internal promotions. Richard Hamilton joins the partnership in the property practice and Anna Bunting has been appointed an employment associate.
• Thames Valley firm Owen White Solicitors has promoted Caryn Beidas and Stephanie Bishop to the partnership in the commercial property department. Former Kidd Rapinet partner Donna Lawrence has joined the firm as a senior assistant.
• Leeds-based Lupton Fawcett has promoted three to associate level. Gemma Sherbourne becomes an employment associate, while Ben Clay and Dan McCormack bolster the commercial and corporate groups respectively.
• Yorkshire and Lincolnshire firm Langleys has taken on Mark Day as head of its family unit. He joins from Gosschalks in Hull, where he was a partner.
• Amy Walpole has become the first female partner at Rogers & Norton. She specialises in family law and first joined the firm as a secretary.
• Lancashire-based Napthens Solicitors has promoted head of employment Chris Boyle to partner.
• Laytons has made up three associates to partner: Sara Hampson in land development and Esther Gunaratnam and Barney Leaf in corporate.
• MacRoberts has appointed Donald McGruther as director of corporate recovery services. He was previously at PB Recovery, then worked as a consultant before moving to MacRoberts.
• Berrymans Lace Mawer has expanded its personal injury practice with two new partners. Cenydd Edwards joins the Cardiff office from Morgan Cole, where he was an associate, while Manchester-based Caroline Walton arrives from Halliwells, where she was a partner.
• Rosenblatt Solicitors has promoted associate Andrea London to lead the employment law division. The firm also promoted Anthony Field to partner and Laura Clatworthy to associate.
• Southampton firm Lamport Bassitt has promoted Lynn Webb to associate in its personal injury department. The firm also welcomes new head of wills, trust and tax Malcolm Skinner from Follett Stock and new head of family Grant Cameron from Edward Hayes. They both join as solicitors.
• K&L Gates has recruited Feroze Abbas as an assistant in its London planning and environment group. He was previously in-house at Cambridge City Council.
• Property barrister Stan Gallagher, called in 1994 and formerly of Arden Chambers, has joined Tanfield Chambers. Gallagher’s new set has also added Amanda Jepson to its family practice upon the completion of her pupillage.
• Penningtons Solicitors has hired Martyn Gowar, a partner at LG for 33 years, to join its private client group as a part-time consultant.
He will be based at the firm’s Godalming office.
• Hempsons has appointed Lupton Fawcett partner Richard Nolan to bolster its commercial offering. He will work as a consultant in the firm’s Harrogate office.