3 March 2008
13 June 2013
23 October 2013
Treasury and IRS adopt ‘state of celebration’ rule for same-sex marriages — implications for employee benefit plans
5 September 2013
21 August 2013
15 January 2013
• Berrymans Lace Mawer has recruited Stuart Harvey as a partner in its personal injury practice. He joins from Halliwells.
• Davies Arnold Cooper has taken on Adrienne de Vos as a senior associate for its personal injury team. She joins from Bollin Legal Associates.
• Memery Crystal has taken on Nicola Kravitz as a partner for its real estate department. She was previously head of the London-based retail and leisure group at Fasken Martineau Stringer Saul.
• Stones Solicitors has recruited Warren Robinson and Rachel Bentley as solicitor advocates for the firm's defence advocate team. Both previously worked at Rundlewalker.
• Furley Page has hired Thara Thangavel as an assistant from Hardmans.
• Southampton-based firm Lamport Bassitt has promoted Paula Harper to associate level.
• iLaw has hired Rory Jenkins as a partner for its dispute resolution and employment service. He joins from Oughton Graeme.
• Andersons Solicitors has recruited Sarah Perkins as an assistant for its family department. She joins from Kirkland & Lane.
• Leeds-based firm Godloves Solicitors has hired five and promoted one. Stephanie Pennington joins the wills and probate team as an assistant from Keeble Hawson. Rebecca Buttle joins as a conveyancing executive from Brooke North. Hannah Robinson arrives as a legal assistant in the personal injury department, joining from Praxis Partners. Justine Hunkins joins the housing litigation department as an assistant from Williscroft & Co. Robert Bellhouse joins as an associate in the family law department, joining from Emsleys. Meanwhile, Mark Brookes has been promoted to associate level.
• North East law firm Jacksons has made five hires. Joining at assistant level are Lesley Davis from Australian firm Stewart Thompson & Francis, Nicola Howarth from Archers, Inderjit Gill from Watson Burton and Colin Walsh from KPMG. Meanwhile, Alison Brown joins as legal executive from Arriva and Marta Studholme returns from maternity leave to assume her position as an assistant.
• Welsh firm Dolmans has hired Andrew Nightingale as financial manager. Nightingale joins from FirstPlus Financial Group.
• HM the Queen has appointed David Martin Charles Stone to be a district judge on the advice of the Lord Chancellor, the Rt Hon Jack Straw MP. Stone is to be based at Bow County Court and was due to take up his position last Monday (25 February).
• Bridge McFarland partner Chris Cooper has been appointed as a district judge assigned to the Lincoln group of courts. He assumes his new position in March.
• US firm Dewey & LeBoeuf has hired Matthieu Adam as counsel for its Paris office and named him head of the Paris EU competition practice. He joins from Latham & Watkins.
• Ashurst has taken on Matthias Schemuth as a partner for its Tokyo office. He joins from White & Case, where he was a partner in the Hong Kong energy, infrastructure, project finance and asset finance group.
• Bird & Bird has recruited partner Ai-Leen Lim from Singapore law firm Colin Ng & Partners.
• US firm Morrison & Foerster has hired Chiahua Pan as a partner, joining from Cadwalader Wickersham & Taft, where she was special counsel.
• US firm Hiscock & Barclay has promoted five attorneys to the partnership. Marc Brown, Christopher Centore, Christopher Harrigan, Gabriel Nugent and Melissa Zambri make the jump.
• US firm Bond Schoeneck & King has made up attorneys Darcie Falsioni, Stuart Klein, Roderick McDonald and Patrick Melfi to the partnership.
• Thorntons Solicitors has appointed Richard Blake as a consultant for the firm's land and rural business team in Perth. Blake is currently the legal adviser to the Scottish Rural Property and Business Association and has served as clerk to the Tay District Salmon Fisheries Board for more than 20 years.
• Canadian law firm Gowlings has made three hires. Carmen Marshall arrives as a partner from Precision Drilling Corporation. Meanwhile, Alexander Ross and Arnie Olyan join the firm as associates. Ross joins from IBM, while Olyan arrives from Burnett, Duckworth & Palmer.
• Australian firm Mallesons has hired Duncan Fletcher as a senior associate from Freehills.
• Gadens has recruited Paul Calvert as a consultant for the firm's insurance, infrastructure and risk team. He joins from Lovells.
• Edwin Coe has hired Nick Neocleous as a partner for its litigation and dispute resolution group. He was previously a partner at Reid Minty.