25 February 2008
10 February 2014
9 July 2014
18 June 2014
17 March 2014
21 January 2014
• Burges Salmon has hired Emma Davies as head of best practice, having performed a similar role at Hamptons Estates.
• Lovells has taken on two assistants. Oliver Jackson joins the business restructuring and insolvency practice from Hammonds. Meanwhile, Sophie Jarratt joins the firm's dispute resolution team from Mayer Brown's commercial dispute resolution practice.
• McGrigors has recruited Karen Fielding as director of its real estate team. She joins from Norton Rose, where she was a senior associate.
• Coffin Mew has hired Steven Wood as an associate. He joins from Portsmouth-based Bolitho Way, where he was a partner.
• Withy King Solicitors has promoted Karen Thomas to assistant level for its commercial dispute resolution team.
• Dundas & Wilson has recruited Lynne Mendelsohn as a consultant for its renewable energy practice. She joins from Shepherd and Wedderburn, where she was head of renewables.
• Higgs & Sons has recruited Sarah Cairns and Nick Bennett as assistants for its private client team. Cairns joins from Thursfields Solicitors, while Bennett was previously with Blakemores Solicitors.
• Furley Page has promoted George Crofton-Martin to assistant level after having completed his training with the firm.
• Covington & Burling has hired associates Kate Kirby and Catherine Eshun for the firm's London office. Kirby was previously legal counsel at HJ Heinz's European headquarters. Eshun joins from Berwin Leighton Paisner.
• Pitmans has hired Sheilagh Magee as a director for its commercial property department. She joins from Berrys Solicitors, where she was an associate.
• Welsh firm Leo Abse and Cohen has recruited Simon Fox as a partner from Capital Law.
• Hailsham Chambers has promoted Alice Nash to tenant following the successful completion of her pupillage.
• The London office of Schulte Roth & Zabel has promoted associates Nicholas Fagge and Kerrie Walsh to special counsel.
• The Accountancy & Actuarial Discipline Board has appointed Graham Aslet, Dr Norval Bryson and Jeremy Barnett. Aslet is a fellow of the Institute of Actuaries and was formerly an executive director of Friends Provident. Bryson is a fellow of the Faculty of Actuaries and a non-executive director of Scottish Widows Group. Barnett is a practising barrister and member of St Paul's Chambers. He is a Crown Court recorder and a member of the Bar Council.
• The US office of DLA Piper has hired William Goldman as a partner for its financial restructuring and bankruptcy practice. He was formally a partner at Sidley Austin.
• Bracewell & Giuliani has elected two New Yorkattorneys to the partnership. Jay Sonnerberg has joined the energy and finance group, while Jeffrey Wasserman joins the trail group.
• Baker Botts has made two hires for its Moscow office: Maxim Levinson as a partner and Sergei Stepanov as special counsel. Both join from White & Case, where they were partner and senior associate respectively.
• US firm Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton has promoted six attorneys to the partnership. They are Lynn DuBois, Deborah Martin, Michael Scarborough, Ian Smith, Anthony Young and Jennifer Bates Zargarof.
• Penton Media has appointed Elise Zealand as general counsel. She was previously a senior associate at Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher.
• Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe tax partner Peter Connors has been appointed vice-chair of committee operations for the American Bar Association's section of taxation.
• Dutch firm Houthoff Buruma has promoted seven associates to counsel. Sander Derksen, Jan Willem Hoekzema, Michael Klijnstra, Klaas Meersma, Angenita Pex, Corinne Schot and Philippe Stille make the leap.
• Hill Dickinson has hired Howard Cornes as a partner for its construction team. He joins from property developer Dandara, where he was legal director. The firm has also hired Stephanie Klass as a consultant for its property and construction team. She was previously a partner at Hempsons.
• Morrison & Foerster has recruited Chiahua Pan as a partner in the capital markets practice. He joins from Cadwalader Wickersham & Taft.