18 February 2008
13 January 2014
11 February 2014
21 January 2014
21 January 2014
20 January 2014
• McGrigors has taken on Karen Fielding as a director for its real estate team. She joins from Norton Rose, where she was a senior associate.
• DWF has made six hires in Manchester. Elizabeth Jenner joins from DLA Piper as a corporate associate. Stuart Stones joins the banking and finance team as an associate from O'Neill Patient. Michael Speight joins as an assistant from Hill Dickinson. Gareth Roberts joins as an assistant from Cobbetts. Jo Wilcox joins as a real estate assistant from Goodman Harvey and Owen McKenna arrives as an assistant from Brabners Chaffe Street.
• Morgan Cole has taken on Kathryn Woodward as an assistant in its private client practice. She joins from Hodsons.
• Burness has hired Mark Ellis as a partner from Travers Smith, where he was a corporate associate.
• Hewitsons has made six appointments. Joining as assistant are Sara Young from Greenwoods Solicitors, Emma Satterly from Gisby Harrison, Jeremy Tucker from Bray & Bray and Ethan Desai from Geoffrey Leaver. Stephen Thomas arrives from Geoffrey Leaver as a partner while Gill Dunlop joins as a plot sales assistant from Reed.
• Rawlison Butler has hired five assistants: James Arneill from the Government Legal Service; Peter Jones from Sherrards; Andrew Hawkins from Vertex Law; Jaffar Al Saraj from DFM Beckman; and Lynsey Richardson from Steeles Law.
• Shulmans Solicitors has recruited Paul Forster as an associate from Gaz de France where he was in-house counsel.
• Clintons has hired Tanya Goldfarb as a consultant from Reed Smith, where she was an associate.
• Cayman Islands firm Walkers has recruited David Collins from Linklaters as a partner. He was previously capital markets associate.
• Matheson Ormsby Prentice has promoted five to partner level: Garry Ferguson in structured finance; Julie Murphy O'Connor in corporate restructuring and insolvency; David Quinlan in projects and construction; Ken Rush in aircraft finance; and Mark O'Sullivan in the tax department. O'Sullivan also becomes head of the New York and Palo Alto offices.
• Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld has promoted two attorneys in its energy and global transactions practice group. Michael Bolton has been promoted to partner and Christine LaFollette has been promoted to partner in charge of the Houston office.
• Vertex Law his recruited partner Richard Pickerill from Lawrence Graham.
• George Davies Solicitors has taken on Caroline Pinney as an assistant in its private client team from Otten Penna.
• Lovells has hired structured credit specialist Fred Chang from White & Case.
• Sheresky Aronson Mayefsky & Sloan has promoted Karen Robarge and John Kornfeld as partners.
• US firm Akerman Senterfitt has hired Joseph Gibbons as a consultant in its Tallahassee office. Gibbons was previously city commissioner of Hallandale Beach.
• Kirkpatrick & Lockhart Preston Gates Ellis has hired Conrad Everhard as a partner in its corporate, M&A and securities practice. He joins from Thelen Reid Brown Raysman & Steiner.
• Nixon Peabody has elected four New York attorneys to the partnership: Todd Tidgewell, Christian Hancey, Stephen Jones and David Pieterse.
• Brown Rudnick has promoted attorney Steven Smith to partner level.
• Shepherd and Wedderburn has hired Mark Allatt as marketing and business development director. He joins from Deloitte, where he was director of marketing, communication and business development.
• Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer has promoted Holger Dietrich and Benno-Alexander Fischer to counsel in its global tax practice in Germany. Both were previously principal associates.