11 February 2008
29 November 2013
16 January 2014
3 February 2014
22 May 2013
27 February 2014
• HBJ Gateley Wareing has hired Craig Adamson as head of planning in its real estate team. He joins the Edinburgh office from The City of Edinburgh Council.
• Langleys has promoted Jonathan Moore and Nick Weston to associate level.
• Wright Hassall has hired Lisa-Marie Darby as an associate from Wilson Browne.
• Hextalls has made two hires and one promotion in its commercial litigation team. Charlotte Yallop joins the firm as an assistant from Shoosmiths while Sukhi Sahota joins as a debt management executive from Salans. Laurissa Wiltshire has been promoted to associate.
• The National Association of Pension Funds has re-elected Ruth Goldman, head of pensions at Linklaters, as its benefits council chairman.
• Dechert has hired Drake Tempest as a partner in the corporate and securities group in New York. He joins from O'Melveny & Myers. It has also recruited Basil Hwang as manager of the Hong Kong office.
• UK200Group has appointed Keith Thompson as chairman of its property and construction group. He is a commercial partner at Vanderpump & Sykes.
• Winston & Strawn has made two hires for its New York office. Eric Cohen joins as a partner from Bryan Cave while Ali Panjwani joins as an associate from the Cardozo Journal of International and Comparative Law, where he was articles editor. Marvin Miller has rejoined the firm as a partner in its corporate office after a brief stint at Seyfarth Shaw.
• Stevens & Bolton has recruited Kate Schmidt as a senior associate in its tax and trusts department and Helen Wheddon as an associate in its real estate team. Schmidt joins from Hammonds while Wheddon arrives from Rooks Rider.
• Coffin Mew has appointed Victoria Kelly as a partner in its commercial property team from Warner Goodman.
• Paris Smith & Randall has hired Stephanie Merritt as an assistant in its employment team. She joins from Kershaws.
• Atherton Godfrey has taken on Christopher Noble as an assistant in its negligence department. He joins from Chadwick Lawrence.
• Healys Solicitors has hired Ben Habershon as a company commercial partner from Morgan Russell.
• Southampton set 12 College Place Chambers has appointed Jeffrey Norie-Miller, previously of Bell , as a tenant. 12 College Place pupil Emma Southern also becomes a tenant.
• Peter Leaver QC has been appointed president of the National Anti-Doping Panel. He continues to work as a barrister at One Essex Court.
• Devon-based Hartnell Chanot & Partners has recruited Emma Benyon-Tinker as an associate from Tozers.
• Adams & Remers has made three assistant hires. Nicola Marven joins the company commercial team from Dunham Solicitors. Cathy Hoar joins the employment team from Synergy Employment Law. Fiona Kenny joins the private client team from Dutton Gregory Solicitors.
• Heller Ehrman has promoted nine attorneys to the position of shareholder: Lora Blum, Jo Dale Carothers, Shon Glusky, John Jurata, Kristen Kercher, Natasha Leskovsek, Eric Shapland, Robert Trodella and Jonathan Zhu.
• Debra Goldberg has joined Dewey & LeBoeuf as senior counsel in the corporate department in New York. She was senior counsel at Fulbright & Jaworski.
• Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker has promoted four New York lawyers to the partnership: Rose Charles, Joseph Francoeur, Robyn Gellert and Richard Porter. #US firm Troutman Sanders has promoted attorneys Matthew Aaronson, Daniel Anziska and Brett Baker to the partnership in New York.
• US firm Manatt Phelps & Phillips has hired Benjamin Wolff as a partner for its energy, environment and natural resources practice in New York. He joins from Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal.
• Holman Fenwick & Willan has hired Dan Horovitz as a partner for the corporate, projects and finance group in the firm's newly opened Brussels office. Horovitz was European head of global trade at Squire Sanders & Dempsey before operating as a single practitioner.